Anybody know about J.P.Sauer single action .22lr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody know about J.P.Sauer single action .22lr

I am a little confused. Barrel says .22lr. But when I look up 'Montana Marshal' it shows it to be a .22mag. But, Mag .22's will not fit in cylinder. Any idea of value ? Bluing is 40% gone, barrel and cylinder are in good shape - look to be stainless liners ?? No drag marks on cylinder. Lock-up is very tight.
    Attached Files

JP Sauer (Hawes), best of my recollection, wouldn't make a good trot line weight!
    Very low quality firearm.
    $50?
    I had one in .44 Rem Mag. Very uncomfortable to shoot. Wouldn't hit the inside of a barn with the doors shut and bolted.

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
      JP Sauer (Hawes), best of my recollection, wouldn't make a good trot line weight!
      $50?
      I had one in .44 Rem Mag. Very uncomfortable to shoot. Wouldn't hit the inside of a barn with the doors shut and bolted.
      I don't know Bubba, made in W, Germany. Locks up tight as a drum. Stainless lined barrel and cylinder. I am going to try it and see how it shoots. I figure it is in the same category as the Heritage line.

Comment

Sold one in 38/357 about 10+/- months ago $300.00 Mint in Box. (1987) Vintage. It was part of a Estate sale.

jimbo: The 22 rimfire models value in 100% $130.00 in yours $40.00+/-.

Comment

$50?
          In your photo Jimbo, it appears to be a exact replica, minus the safety feature, of the 22Mag from Heritage that I just bought. Especially the wooden grips in color and the exact shape and forming. Are these two companies the same, or is Heritage just good at copying things ?

Comment

$50?
            jimbo, lots of folks saw that "Made in Germany" stamp and thought the same thing.
            They may have been manufactured in Germany, but they weren't "Germany" quality.
            Most buyers were enamored by the brass and dark grips.

Comment

I sold it today for $100.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
                Good enough.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
                  Are you kidding, give me his Name. "I've got a Bridge for sale"

Comment

$50?
                    I think the stainless barrel liner and cylinder liners made the thing usable. The guy that bought it said they are painted, not blued. The lock up was very tight on this one although I did not get a chance to try it.
                    I think the design is shared by several mfg.
                    Saw a Colt Python, maybe 4" barrel, nice shape $2,700 the market is right out of their mind for prices like that for that firearm.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Sisters.
                      by 99explorer
                      Two girls were born to the same mother, on the same day, within minutes of each other, in the same month and year, and yet they are not twins.
                      How...
                      Today, 09:32 AM
                    • Rice for sale.
                      by 99explorer
                      A man can buy rice for $1 per pound in the U.S.A.
                      He buys tons of the stuff, and sells it all in India for a nickel a pound.
                      He soon becomes...
                      08-18-2019, 06:43 PM
                    • Strangers meet.
                      by 99explorer
                      A man is able to contact his long lost brother who he has never met.
                      They agree to meet in a crowded public place.
                      No identification markers...
                      08-16-2019, 11:03 PM
                    • OU football
                      by FirstBubba
                      Big G, thought you might like to know, I'm going to watch some OU football this fall.
                      The orthopaedic surgeon who rebuilt my hip is retired and...
                      08-16-2019, 10:35 PM
                    • True romance.
                      by 99explorer
                      A doctor and a bus driver are both in love with the same woman, a beautiful girl named Sarah.
                      The bus driver has to go on a long bus trip that will...
                      08-16-2019, 09:11 AM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X