Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you ever had a semi-auto go full auto or know anyone that did ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you ever had a semi-auto go full auto or know anyone that did ?

I have heard the SKS is one that this has happened to.

Some time ago a local, very large gun show, had cases of AK-47 sold that were select fire. I guess not all of them were recovered.
    My question is about semi-auto that, without modification go full auto.

Comment

My sks will if you hold it upside down and soak it down through the trigger with wd40. Turn it back right side up and one large boom and 10 empties in the air. Video'ed it a couple times.

Comment

I had a Franchi 20 gauge that would, at unpredictable times, slip two. Boom-boom.Sometimes, it failed to eject, and jammed. Took it to a gunsmith, and when I went to pick it up, there was a Browning Auto 5 16 gauge in his repaired rack. Jokingly offered him the Franchi for the Browning, and he surprised me by saying the owner of the Browning 16 was interested in my Franchi. We got him on the phone, and I swapped off the Franchi by paying his repair bill, and he paid mine. Best deal I ever made.

Comment

Originally posted by crm3006 View Post
          I had a Franchi 20 gauge that would, at unpredictable times, slip two. Boom-boom.Sometimes, it failed to eject, and jammed. Took it to a gunsmith, and when I went to pick it up, there was a Browning Auto 5 16 gauge in his repaired rack. Jokingly offered him the Franchi for the Browning, and he surprised me by saying the owner of the Browning 16 was interested in my Franchi. We got him on the phone, and I swapped off the Franchi by paying his repair bill, and he paid mine. Best deal I ever made.
          That is a good story.

Comment

Originally posted by dewman View Post
            My sks will if you hold it upside down and soak it down through the trigger with wd40. Turn it back right side up and one large boom and 10 empties in the air. Video'ed it a couple times.
            That is a stupid thing to do

Comment

A smarmy looking guy walked in our shop, handed the 'smith a Mini 14 and said, "It goes full auto and won't stop 'til it's empty."
              'Smitty glares at him, pulls back the bolt and says, "You been tinkering with it! Git this piece of $h¡+ outta my shop and DO NOT bring it back!"
              Guy never said a word, just took his gun and left.
              We never saw him again....thank you very much!
              I never have had one go auto, but it's always possible!
              I do have AR's and belt loops! LOL!

Comment

I had a French MAS 49/56 in 308 10 round mag Run-off full auto, It was from the French/Indo wars. I took it in trade ($75.00) in lieu of a $700.00 (1934)Win 94 WCF 44/40. I had to make a new part, Retested it work just fine sold it three weeks later for $299.99 When you get a Lemons You Make Lemon aid.

Comment

I've never seen it but I have a friend of a friend that had a Mini that would runaway fire.

Like in Bubba's case, I believe the guy was messing with the seer. If you know what you're doing you can install a selector switch (assuming you have the proper legal license). It's not difficult, but lots of people that think they know what they're doing just start grinding down the seer without knowing what they're doing

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshott00 View Post
                    I've never seen it but I have a friend of a friend that had a Mini that would runaway fire.

Like in Bubba's case, I believe the guy was messing with the seer. If you know what you're doing you can install a selector switch (assuming you have the proper legal license). It's not difficult, but lots of people that think they know what they're doing just start grinding down the seer without knowing what they're doing
                    From what I gather the SKS is a firing pin thing and it is more of a slam fire situation. I have SKS so trying to learn about it before I find out the hard way.

Comment

Hey Bucky You Vid is a NO Show!!:-((

Comment

The Sear on you SKS may be worn down ? that's the only part that will make a Run a way Or Full Auto. EZ FIX.

Comment

A young fella at sporting clays had his almost new Stoeger auto shotgun go fully auto on two different occasions. I was shooting with him both times and saw it for myself. The first time we assumed it was him just hitting the trigger again very fast inadvertently. He sent it back after the second incident. You get what you pay for sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by Treestand View Post
                            The Sear on you SKS may be worn down ? that's the only part that will make a Run a way Or Full Auto. EZ FIX.
                            I don't have the issue, my SKS's are new, unissued. I am just trying to educate myself on the possibility.

Comment

I watched the video, very interesting. I like the over travel set screw.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Firing squad.
                                by 99explorer
                                A man is shot by 12 members of a firing squad, and the squad officer administers the coup de grace with a bullet to the head.
                                This final shot does...
                                Today, 09:07 PM
                              • Lost in the woods.
                                by 99explorer
                                You are lost in the woods and come to a fork in the road.
                                One path leads to civilization and the other will get you lost forever.
                                Two Indians...
                                Today, 01:24 PM
                              • Books on a shelf.
                                by 99explorer
                                There are several books on a bookshelf.
                                If one book is fourth from the left and sixth from the right, how many books are on the shelf?
                                Yesterday, 02:19 PM
                              • Mental arithmetic.
                                by 99explorer
                                A bat and a ball cost $1.10.
                                The bat costs one dollar more than the ball.
                                How much does the ball cost?
                                Yesterday, 11:57 AM
                              • The new king.
                                by 99explorer
                                The queen has twins by C-section, so it is impossible to tell who would have been born first and would become the next king.
                                Now the twins are adults...
                                08-20-2019, 04:27 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X