Wha'cha gonna do now, Big G?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post
    I was in NJ earlier this week and those I talked with about this didn't seem that concerned. I guess they are comfortable with complying with whatever gun laws are passed and have decided to do whatever to stay legal.
    Hmmm... I don't think D.C. has any mag cap limitation bills right now or any prohibition thereof.
    New Joisey on the other hand......! ...and the AMA and Oregon and Washington state, etc, etc...

Comment

I was in NJ earlier this week and those I talked with about this didn't seem that concerned. I guess they are comfortable with complying with whatever gun laws are passed and have decided to do whatever to stay legal.
      "... Actually, just between us girls, it is not an unbearable sacrifice to use only low-capacity magazines. ..."
      So, are we to understand, 99, that you find a "10 round mag capacity" acceptable and gun owners should just accept it?
      To what end?
      Think that will satisfy the "anti gun" crowd?

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Devine View Post
        I think a user stated earlier, that California had the worst gun laws in the nation.
        I believe now, New Jersey is number one. ?
        Back in the early nineties, another Liberal Governor Jim Florio and both liberal NJ legislative houses banned semi autos.
        Like the Mac10, AK-47, Tech 9, the Uzi and many other semi autos.
        They asked every gun owner to hand them over to law enforcement. There was total non compliance statewide. The Sportsmen in so many words, told the liberals to go to hell.
        If they banned guns, knives, microwave ovens, large auto box vans, slippery bathtubs, baseball bats or pipe wrenchs without any monetary compensation, would you turn it over for free? Because a few liberals want to impress their constituents.

http://www.governing.com/topics/public-justice-safety/New-Jersey-Governo...
        New Jersey is 66 percent liberal lovers.
        New Jersey Sportsmen are in the other 34 percent conservatives
        We are out numbered with to many Welfare city voters wanting Goverment freebies and no firearms.
        California, New York, Mass. and D.C. have the same problem.

Comment

There were many NJ Sportsmen who wanted to comply with the 1992 semi auto law but the non compensation and returning their good earned money pissed them all off, so they said screw that deal. ?

Comment

Bubba - And you are not going to stand for it, right?
            It happens that I do not presume to interpret the Constitution as self-righteously as you do.
            The U.S. Supreme Court has the power to interpret the constitution for us, and neither you nor I nor Sen. Diane Feinstein have any say in the matter.
            At the moment, the issue of bans on high capacity magazines remains unresolved because the Supreme Court has thus far refused to hear appeals from lower court rulings on the subject.
            See www.constitutioncenter.org/blog/supreme-court-justices-allow-ban-on-high-capacity-guns

Comment

The NRA is presently appealing the new Florida law banning "assault rifles," high-capacity magazines, and raising the gun-purchase age to 21.
              Perhaps the purchase-age component of the appeal may give SCOTUS reason to hear the appeal.

Comment

https://bearingarms.com/tom-k/2018/06/18/nj-gun-control-works-well-17-people-shot/

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
                  https://bearingarms.com/tom-k/2018/06/18/nj-gun-control-works-well-17-people-shot/
                  I guess the NJ legistrators will follow up with six more new gun laws after this mass shooting? ?

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
                    Why not Gary ! Did you ever see a new law that didn’t have complete compliance ? We all know laws are never broken ! They go right along with “truths” and “promises” of most all government actions ! When we elect idiots, we get what their mental ability dictates !

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshott00 View Post
                      I guess they didn't learn from other states that have record numbers of non-compliance. Just turning law abiding citizens into criminals. If I was Gary, I'd keep it between me and Jesus.
                      The sad part of those words 99, is that is true when people are beaten down by an oppressive way of rule. It is a complete indication of withdrawl and loss of hope !

Comment

Hey Bubba, the New Jersey Rifle and pistol clubs filed a lawsuit on the magazine ban. The NRA is backing it also.

"It ain't over till it's over".
                        Quote by New York Yankee Catcher Yogi Berra

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20180613/nra-backs-challenge-to-new-jersey-magazine-ban

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Covid-19
                          by jhjimbo
                          Any indication a game animal can get the virus ? The news had a case of a dog in I think NC that got the virus.

Tucker Carlson had a guest...
                          Yesterday, 10:38 PM
                        • Spur of the moment rifle
                          by Amflyer
                          I stopped in the local Scheels the other day so see about getting some IMR 4831. As a slow-ish old school powder I thought that the current buying craze...
                          Yesterday, 11:25 AM
                        • The $20 Shooting Shack
                          by fitch270
                          So we’ve been doing some outside remodeling and dismantled some decking. The stuff wasn’t good enough to reuse on the house when we redo the decks...
                          09-16-2020, 10:23 PM
                        • When is it equipment vs when it is you?
                          by dewman
                          one of my range only pals stopped by last night. I showed him my new mk4 and he showed me his. He had spent a lot of $ on upgrades. A lot. Showed me some...
                          09-15-2020, 08:42 AM
                        • Dewman goes Teal hunting.
                          by dewman
                          So one of the farmers who doesn't hunt doves does hunt rails & snipe which opened the 1st, and teal which opened yesterday (Saturday). He asked me...
                          09-13-2020, 04:48 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X