Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When are the States going to lower their hunting license age? Obviously, training young people to kill causes school shootings.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first shooting experience was shooting rats in a dump. We would straddle the big round headlights on a '37 Pontiac and pass the rifle between myself and my sister. When we ran out of that $.25 box of .22 ammo, we were done.

Comment

Originally posted by Pmacc60 View Post
      I started my children fishing from the time they wanted to go around 5 years old , shooting whe they were 10 years old. They began to hunt at 14 after they completed their hunters safety coarse. As any parent will tell you the more time you spend with your children the better. I had to by Md law hunt with my two boys but believe me the did their scouting and put up stands etc . My youngest son by the age of 15 had a vast amount of knowledge about rifles , bows and most hunting equipment . That year he killed two 130 + bucks on our lease several does , waterfowl and tried to decimate the red fox population. His older brother by ten years often joked that “ we created a monster” . When Frank got his drivers license there was no stopping him. Now at 23 he owns a dozen firearms and his own boat . Hunts, fishes , crabs and this past week put a contract on a house. He is up for a new job in his company and supported by his fellow co workers who are in there 50’s because of his maturity and work ethics . Oh he still is young , makes mistakes and needs to learn a lot but I know that time spent in the field has taught him lessons for life.
      My son is not the exception but more the rule, hunting and firearms is a powerful responsibility , it’s also teaches to deal with less that optimal circumstances , elements and deal with diapointment and failed. No participation trophy’s in hunting other than being a part of something timeless. I agree with pig hunter it gives our youth a new attitude , pride and a sense of belonging. When I’m at the range and any young person shows interest in what I’m shooting I ask if they want to shoot it, with dads approval of course! Friends if we don’t have youth in the sport it will die with us! Young people are our future let’s protect their rights.
      Thank you PH

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget