Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you still shopping at Dick's and F&S stores?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post
    A few weeks back the boy realized his baseball cleats from last year were too small, like the week before practice started. (We'd been after him about it but he kept saying they were ok, somehow went from an 8.5 to a size 10!) Wasn't getting him a pair from Walmart so the only option within 75 miles was Dick's. Gotta do what you gotta do sometimes.

I won't buy hunting gear there anymore, but I passed on a Rem 700 camo sps in '06 last year they had on clearance for $320 and regret it. I also passed on a Beretta Silver Pigeon for $1200 when Gander went out and regret that as well.If Dick's went out of the gun biz altogether and were to clearance out their inventory I'd be severely tempted.
    If this move hurts them enough they just quit the business I wonder if they could afford to do that with their entire inventory.
    I'd guess Mossberg would be one of their bigger sellers. If Savage and Remington followed suit it would really put the screws to them.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunter75richard View Post
      I have neither of these two stores in my immediate area. I felt their decision to no longer sell guns or ammo was their own business right. However, when I learned that both have hired lobbyists to promote additional gun control, I would not frequent either of these 2 bussiness if they were in my area. That decision is stepping over the bounds of pro gun rights persons and is a slap in the face to all of us !!!
      Thanks Pighunter ! Thought there were better answers, but you seem more knowledgable than myself, lol !

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
        Pighunter - I am afraid you have forgotten to take away the "best answer" you gave yourself on April 24th for your question about fixed blade knives for hunting.
        Good grief, 99explorer!
        You're concerned with someone giving themselves a "Top Answer"?

Comment

Pighunter - I am afraid you have forgotten to take away the "best answer" you gave yourself on April 24th for your question about fixed blade knives for hunting.
          Some professional organizations codify their ethical standards in writing for the benefit of members who lack a clear sense of right and wrong unless their conduct carries criminal penalties.

Comment

A little boy once asked his father to explain ethics to him.
            The father offered to explain by way of an example.
            He said, "You know your uncle Joe and I are partners in a dry cleaning business.
            "Suppose one day a customer comes in and leaves a suit to be dry cleaned, and I find a ten dollar bill in one of the pockets.
            "Now I have an ethical problem.
            "Should I tell Uncle Joe about it?"

Comment

PH-
              We now have the capability to "upload an image" as part of our question.
              We do not have to add the picture in the first answer and mark it "best answer" to keep it there.
              Some users who still do so explain that they will remove the "best answer" award after it has served its purpose because they do not wish to be seen as "fudging," (for want of a better word).
              I find it very telling that you think in giving yourself the "best answer"... "there is absolutely nothing unethical about it."
              I repeat your words because they have a way of disappearing from time to time.
              BTW, I think the forum should deduct 100 points for every answer deleted.
              That would take you out of the top ten and probably remove a couple of stars.

Comment

PH- I just checked, and you have now surpassed Charlie Elk in the number one position in the top ten.
                But I guess you knew that.
                If they ever restore the top ten user column, I hope they put an asterisk after your name (and after Rudyglove's name on the Field&Stream forum).

Comment

Congratulations to Pighunter, who has just surpassed Charlie Elk in the number one position of the top ten users, ironically while discussing the ethics of his point accumulation.
                  If the forum should ever restore the top ten user column, I think that an asterisk should be placed after his name (and after Rudyglove's name on the Field&Stream forum.)

Comment

Congratulations to Pighunter, who has just surpassed Charlie Elk in the number one position of the top ten users, ironically while discussing the ethics of his point accumulation.
                    If the forum should ever restore the top ten user column, I think that an asterisk should be placed after his name (and after Rudyglove's name on the Field&Stream forum.)
                    I notice that you uploaded a photo in your question above, so you don't have an excuse to give yourself a "best answer" award anymore.

Comment

And what makes you think I care about your opinion? Sometimes 99 you act really stupid. It's like you have no reading comprehension whatsoever. Let me spell it out for you one more time - the best answer can be used for the purpose of keeping text and photos at the top of the string. Separated text between question and first answer is a creative tool for many people on this and the F&S sites. There's no stated rules for the use of best answer no matter what you think they should be. You are just looking ridiculous by trying to make it an issue. Don't you have anything better to do there at the retirement home?

Comment

What exactly would an asterisk diminish anyway?

Comment

fitch270
                          *self inflicted GSW?

Comment

PH - I am not at all interested in whether you care about my opinion.
                            Although my comments are directed at you, I am addressing the hundreds, or perhaps thousands of readers in the civilized world who visit our forum.
                            I think they may judge that I have taken your measure, and I doubt they will be favorably impressed by your anger management problems.

Comment

The reason I keep pushing this topic is that you have been caught with your hand in the cookie jar once too often.
                              Your grasp of ethics is quite feeble.
                              You become puzzled when challenged about your deceptive practices because you don't understand that the sportsmen who visit these pages take a dim view of unsportsmanlike conduct taking place in the absence of rigidly enforced rules.

Comment

I also didn't care much for your showing of disrespect toward Dave Petzal in the Blogs Section in his column about camp knives.
                                You seem to have a problem with authority figures, suggesting you may have feelings of inadequacy that need to be worked out.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Squirrels open early this year.
                                  by dewman
                                  In years past, squirrel & stream bass has always been the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend. This year it's the 22nd. A pal and I are hitting up the...
                                  05-13-2021, 02:08 PM
                                • Thinking of trading for a .243 WSSM...
                                  by PigHunter
                                  One of my friends is wanting to trade a Winchester Model 70 stainless in .243 WSSM for my Remington 7400 carbine in .30-06. The Model 70 would be without...
                                  05-10-2021, 12:40 AM
                                • Neighbor painted me a picture!
                                  by dewman
                                  My neighbor is a regionally known artist. So over time after regaling him with childhood hunting stories of my younger years in Michigan, South Dakota,...
                                  05-03-2021, 03:35 PM
                                • What would you do?
                                  by fitch270
                                  About 15 minutes after daybreak my daughter nudges me in the side. I’ve been letting out some soft yelps and clucks but the turkeys are quiet early...
                                  05-01-2021, 09:34 PM
                                • Holy flock 2
                                  by fitch270
                                  First a question, then why it matters.

A group of bears is called what?

Times up: The answer is

05-01-2021, 08:49 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...