Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you still shopping at Dick's and F&S stores?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Are you still shopping at Dick's and F&S stores?

    As everyone here probably already knows, Dick's Sporting Goods decided to push for more gun control through their statement on February 28th of this year.
    http://pressroom.dicks.com/press-information/media-statements.aspx

    Dick’s Sporting Goods to DESTROY their AR-15s
    http://www.alloutdoor.com/2018/04/16/dicks-sporting-goods-ar15/
    A spokeswoman representing Dick’s Sporting Goods and Field & Stream had these statements to make regarding the issue: "We are in the process of destroying all firearms and accessories that are no longer for sale as a result of our February 28th policy change. We are destroying the firearms in accordance with federal guidelines and regulations."

    I drive past the local Dick's and F&S stores on my daily commute to work but will no longer shop there because of their actions. Recently, Mossberg and the distributor of Hi-Point Firearms have stated they will no longer take orders from Dick's and the F&S stores.

    What are your thoughts? Are you still shopping at Dick's and the F&S Stores?

  • #2
    No I will not, and now for the sake of the Youth traversing this site I will not add my very immature sense of humor to the topic.

    Comment


    • #3
      Nope

      Comment


      • #4
        I was in Dicks two times and was not impressed. I spend my outdoor dollars locally when every possible. So you could say I will not look at Dicks to fill a void. As for a F&S store ,we don't have one

        Comment


        • #5
          I used to but not now

          Comment


          • #6
            Absolutely not and I trash them every chance I get. Maybe even exaggerate some when I do as I feel I'm just returning the favor. Have let family and friends know I'm personally offended if they suggest shopping there or buying gifts. Rail about their ridiculous high prices. Disclosure: I've never shopped there once so have no clue about the prices but then I've never gunned anyone down, nor anyone I know, but that doesn't seem to matter to them.

            Comment


            • #7
              I have neither of these two stores in my immediate area. I felt their decision to no longer sell guns or ammo was their own business right. However, when I learned that both have hired lobbyists to promote additional gun control, I would not frequent either of these 2 bussiness if they were in my area. That decision is stepping over the bounds of pro gun rights persons and is a slap in the face to all of us !!!

              Comment


              • #8
                A few weeks back the boy realized his baseball cleats from last year were too small, like the week before practice started. (We'd been after him about it but he kept saying they were ok, somehow went from an 8.5 to a size 10!) Wasn't getting him a pair from Walmart so the only option within 75 miles was Dick's. Gotta do what you gotta do sometimes.

                I won't buy hunting gear there anymore, but I passed on a Rem 700 camo sps in '06 last year they had on clearance for $320 and regret it. I also passed on a Beretta Silver Pigeon for $1200 when Gander went out and regret that as well.If Dick's went out of the gun biz altogether and were to clearance out their inventory I'd be severely tempted.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Shopped at the new Field & Stream once, just to see. Found their prices high, and their sales staff completely clueless. Never been back, never will go to Dick's, either. I predict their stores in the Houston area will have a short life.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    We have a Dick’s down here but I won’t go there at all. Back home there isn’t a lot of choices, many small gun stores and archery shops but most don’t carry a great assortment of gear. I’m afraid I’ll eventually be tempted to go there. Though with the prevalence of online shopping I may be able to easily avoid it as long as I don’t come up with any emergency needs. Recently if I haven’t been able to find something at a local shop I’ve ordered from MidwayUSA or Sportsman’s Guide.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by fitch270 View Post
                      A few weeks back the boy realized his baseball cleats from last year were too small, like the week before practice started. (We'd been after him about it but he kept saying they were ok, somehow went from an 8.5 to a size 10!) Wasn't getting him a pair from Walmart so the only option within 75 miles was Dick's. Gotta do what you gotta do sometimes.

                      I won't buy hunting gear there anymore, but I passed on a Rem 700 camo sps in '06 last year they had on clearance for $320 and regret it. I also passed on a Beretta Silver Pigeon for $1200 when Gander went out and regret that as well.If Dick's went out of the gun biz altogether and were to clearance out their inventory I'd be severely tempted.
                      So far, Dick's has destroyed any firearm they can/don't want sell.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Pighunter - I am afraid you have forgotten to take away the "best answer" you gave yourself on April 24th for your question about fixed blade knives for hunting.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by crm3006 View Post
                          Shopped at the new Field & Stream once, just to see. Found their prices high, and their sales staff completely clueless. Never been back, never will go to Dick's, either. I predict their stores in the Houston area will have a short life.
                          With Cabela's four miles down the road, their anti-gun stance, and an Academy between their stores and Cabela's, their future looks dim to me.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
                            Pighunter - I am afraid you have forgotten to take away the "best answer" you gave yourself on April 24th for your question about fixed blade knives for hunting.
                            I did NOT think you wanted to. I think you did not expect anyone to notice those extra 100 points added to your score.
                            But you have been accused of cheating on this forum in the past, and I thought you might wish to avoid providing ammunition for further accusations.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I am happy to see a company like Mossberg take a stand and let short term dollars go for the future of their company and shooting sports. I have been a customer of Dicks for decades, I have bought shoes, baseball gloves , weight lifting equipment , clothes , fishing tackle and guns! No more and never again! I sent them a email to that effect and Dicks sent me a email back thanking me fo my support! Yes the Company can run their business the way they want to and I can choose not to be a customer!

                              Comment

                              Welcome!

                              Collapse

                              Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

                              If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

                              And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

                              Right Rail 1 Ad

                              Collapse

                              Top Active Users

                              Collapse

                              There are no top active users.

                              Right Rail 2 Ad

                              Collapse

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Right Rail 3 Ad

                              Collapse

                              Footer Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X