Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a caliber missing from your collection ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Myles
    replied
    No. I am trying to lighten inventory

Leave a comment:

• PigHunter
    replied
    Originally posted by PigHunter View Post
    For some reason I've got the hots for a 375 H&H
    Jumbo, I wear a PAST recoil pad on my shoulder, outside of the shirt, when shooting off a bench

Leave a comment:

• PigHunter
    replied
    Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
    I have a .44 Magnum revolver (S&W Model 29) that can shoot .44 Special loads, but I would like to have a revolver chambered for the .44 Special, like the S&W Model 24-3.
    I wouldn't mind having a .44 magnum rifle

Leave a comment:

• Buckshott00
    replied
    Originally posted by Buckshott00 View Post
    Really want a 28 gauge, and 10 gauge, and a .22-250 and a .454 casull.

But need is a strong word. I probably need a few more common calibers just in case SHTF.
    Busy trying to bring cheap meds to sick people 'round the world. Was at a dead sprint until just past the new year.

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied
    Originally posted by country road View Post
    I'd like to have a lever action in .35 Rem. Just because.
    Nice, I had the .35 in a Marlin 336. Then jumped up to the .450Marlin and since have backed down to the 30-30 with a scope.

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied
    My problem shooting from the bench is I am big enough and strong enough I do not give with the recoil. All the energy goes into my shoulder, and probably head, eyes and teeth. I now shoot off hand unless setting up a scope.

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied
    Originally posted by Outlaw View Post
    I've got a few I'd like to have, but nothing I'm really pining for. Something bigger than what I'll likely ever need, like a 338, 375 or 416, just because. Something small for coyotes like a 5.56 (preferably in a scout rifle type platform) or a 243. I could use another 22 because that single shot cricket ain't cutting it. I really like deer calibers though, something like a 257 Bob, 25-06, or 260 would be nice, along with upgrading to a nicer 270. Oh and a 16ga double or A5. And I am looking at getting another handgun soon, so I'll throw 45 or 9mm on the list since all I currently have is a 38spl. Eventually I'm sure I'll get around to buying a muzzleloader to take advantage of the special seasons, and I'm leaning more towards a 54cal flintlock or percussion rather than the 50cal inline that seems to be the standard now.
    I saw a .375H&H Mauser, left hand at the Ohio Gun Collectors one time. Thought about it, walked around, thought about it some more and decided to pass. I know it was a rare find but just wanted other things more at the time. Probably never see another one.

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied
    Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
    I have a .44 Magnum revolver (S&W Model 29) that can shoot .44 Special loads, but I would like to have a revolver chambered for the .44 Special, like the S&W Model 24-3.
    An article in another publication just named the .44mag the best/most useful of all the 'big bores'. The thinking of the author is the really big bores can not be shot that well by the majority of shooters. I know it took me probably 500 rounds to get good with my model 29, but when I did, I could hit a pie plate 6 times at 100yds off hand. For the model 29 it is all in trigger control.

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied
    Originally posted by Buckshott00 View Post

But need is a strong word. I probably need a few more common calibers just in case SHTF.
    Buckey, welcome back -- where you been ?

Leave a comment:

• Buckshott00
    replied

Leave a comment:

• jcarlin
    replied
    Originally posted by jcarlin View Post
    Yes.. and no.. and I don't know.

Caliber's I'm pretty content with, though an SA in .308 I have a hankering for, I already have a Savage 11 chambered for it.

If a great opportunity for a .50BMG or a 2 bore popped up I'd think about it real hard, but I certainly don't need one.

A one pounder has also crossed the mind as a fun toy.

If I'm to take to heart all of the "the founders meant muskets" folks I'd also like to own a 24 gun ship of the line... er.. I mean armed trading ship as that was acceptable if you had the means.
    I've almost convinced myself that if I could make a deal with a local range that if I bought a Barrett I could hang out with a sign offering a shot for $15 and enough guys would do it to pay for that rifle.

Leave a comment:

• Happy Myles
    replied
    Why? Did you find one of mine I misplaced?

Leave a comment:

• crm3006
    replied
    Originally posted by jcarlin View Post
    Yes.. and no.. and I don't know.

Caliber's I'm pretty content with, though an SA in .308 I have a hankering for, I already have a Savage 11 chambered for it.

If a great opportunity for a .50BMG or a 2 bore popped up I'd think about it real hard, but I certainly don't need one.

A one pounder has also crossed the mind as a fun toy.

If I'm to take to heart all of the "the founders meant muskets" folks I'd also like to own a 24 gun ship of the line... er.. I mean armed trading ship as that was acceptable if you had the means.
    Hadn't thought about that, but if I could afford ammo, a Ma Deuce would make a nice floor decoration and conversation piece!

Leave a comment:

• crm3006
    replied
    I am with 99. I don't "need", but I want another .222 and for some odd reason, a .300 Win Mag. Still looking for the right pump or double in 16 gauge, also.

Leave a comment:

• crm3006
    replied
    My .375 H&H does not generate as much "felt" recoil with a 270 gr. load as my .338 Win Mag does with a 250 gr. load. Neither one are something you want to shoot over the bench for an extended time, but neither one is what I would consider horrendous.

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Birthday meal
    by Amflyer
    Oldest son turns 15 in a week or so. (Yeah, no outdoor stuff this year. He's getting a bass guitar. Bought himself a deer rifle after summer job anyway)...
    Today, 02:16 PM
  • ‘Twas the night before ….
    by fitch270
    the bow opener, and it’s chilli cook off night at church.

What could possibly go wrong?!?

😳🤢🙄

09-30-2022, 06:22 PM
  • Deciding on Spot for First Day
    by wesman24
    Hello Everyone,

I currently have a spot set up on public land that is new to me this year. I did quite a bit of scouting in the area and...
    09-29-2022, 02:15 PM
  • What now?
    by FirstBubba
    PM'ing on another blog site with a gent.
    I had lamented the fact that I have 20 gauge and 12 gauge MEC 600Jr loaders, but only shoot 16 gauge....
    09-28-2022, 05:50 PM
  • Counting down
    by fitch270
    We’ve had an early bear weekend already and squirrel season opened September 1’st but this Saturday morning is a big deal, most small game seasons...
    09-28-2022, 04:33 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X