Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a caliber missing from your collection ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a caliber missing from your collection ?

What do you need to add ?

I guess i'm a rare bird, there is nothing i need that i can't buy in Firearms,even old ones! I do enjoy Handguns more then Rifles.

Comment

I'm good. No cravings for a quite awhile.

Comment

I'd like to have a lever action in .35 Rem. Just because.

Comment

For some reason I've got the hots for a 375 H&H

Comment

I've got a few I'd like to have, but nothing I'm really pining for. Something bigger than what I'll likely ever need, like a 338, 375 or 416, just because. Something small for coyotes like a 5.56 (preferably in a scout rifle type platform) or a 243. I could use another 22 because that single shot cricket ain't cutting it. I really like deer calibers though, something like a 257 Bob, 25-06, or 260 would be nice, along with upgrading to a nicer 270. Oh and a 16ga double or A5. And I am looking at getting another handgun soon, so I'll throw 45 or 9mm on the list since all I currently have is a 38spl. Eventually I'm sure I'll get around to buying a muzzleloader to take advantage of the special seasons, and I'm leaning more towards a 54cal flintlock or percussion rather than the 50cal inline that seems to be the standard now.

Comment

Yes.. and no.. and I don't know.

Caliber's I'm pretty content with, though an SA in .308 I have a hankering for, I already have a Savage 11 chambered for it.

If a great opportunity for a .50BMG or a 2 bore popped up I'd think about it real hard, but I certainly don't need one.

A one pounder has also crossed the mind as a fun toy.

If I'm to take to heart all of the "the founders meant muskets" folks I'd also like to own a 24 gun ship of the line... er.. I mean armed trading ship as that was acceptable if you had the means.

Comment

I've got a few more I will eventually get, but don't quite need yet. .300 or 338 win mag, 416 rem or rigby, and a .44 revolver with a 7.5 inch barrel for deer hunting. Other than those, I am set....unless the right deal comes up.

Comment

Need (?) a .22 Hornet. Had one for years.
                  I killed a wider variety of game with that rifle than I did with any other gun I've ever owned.

Then there's the Ruger No.1 in .300 H&H Magnum. Not that I NEED one!
                  A No. 1 in .308 Win can be rechambered to .300 H&H. I want the barrel remarked "Hollands Super .30", the cartridges original designation.

Comment

Originally posted by Treestand View Post
                    I guess i'm a rare bird, there is nothing i need that i can't buy in Firearms,even old ones! I do enjoy Handguns more then Rifles.
                    I try to avoid the word "need" when discussing firearms.
                    It is too hard to defend.

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post
                      I owned a Model 70 in .375 H&H Magnum a while back, but got rid of it because the recoil was horrendous.
                      It could have been a contributing factor to a torn retina I suffered at the time.

Comment

I have a .44 Magnum revolver (S&W Model 29) that can shoot .44 Special loads, but I would like to have a revolver chambered for the .44 Special, like the S&W Model 24-3.

Comment

Wow, that's pretty bad. Perhaps I need to send some range time with my brother's Ruger #1 in 375 H&H to get the feeling before deciding to get one. He's taken that one to Africa several times

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
                            I have a .44 Magnum revolver (S&W Model 29) that can shoot .44 Special loads, but I would like to have a revolver chambered for the .44 Special, like the S&W Model 24-3.
                            Have you thought of the .41 ?

Comment

Shoot off hand for less felt recoil.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Deciding on Spot for First Day
                                by wesman24
                                Hello Everyone,

I currently have a spot set up on public land that is new to me this year. I did quite a bit of scouting in the area and...
                                Today, 02:15 PM
                              • What now?
                                by FirstBubba
                                PM'ing on another blog site with a gent.
                                I had lamented the fact that I have 20 gauge and 12 gauge MEC 600Jr loaders, but only shoot 16 gauge....
                                Yesterday, 05:50 PM
                              • Counting down
                                by fitch270
                                We’ve had an early bear weekend already and squirrel season opened September 1’st but this Saturday morning is a big deal, most small game seasons...
                                Yesterday, 04:33 PM
                              • POS shotgun breaks a kids heart.
                                by dewman
                                In short brother and I dove hunting 1/4 mile from a slough some folks are Teal hunting. Around 8:00 their shooting stops and they are coming down the...
                                09-25-2022, 08:37 PM
                              • It is what it is. Should this be the official motto of our group here?
                                by dewman
                                Or is there some other slogan that better defines the users here?
                                My personal ones have always been “stay safe” & “only you can pull your...
                                09-17-2022, 11:44 AM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X