Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you could keep only one gun for the remainder of your life, what would you choose?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you could keep only one gun for the remainder of your life, what would you choose?

When the late Skeeter Skelton was asked that question, his answer was the Smith&Wesson Model 27 revolver in .357 Magnum with a six-inch barrel.
    He said it would be the best choice for all purposes, including pistol competition, big game hunting and home defense.

I agree with Pighunter, from deer slugs,birdshot,and double ought , my 870 stands ready inside my bedroom door,no kids ,no danger,unless your an unwelcome intruder

Comment

Tuff choice: My S&W mod 66/357 or Glock 20/10mm? Have to think about this Some thing for CCW,Hunting,Home Defense......My Glock 20/10mm with barrels changes from 4" to 8" with 16+1;-))
      One never knows when a bad guy needs stopping!

Comment

If I needed to defend home and self, one of my 1100's. If we are talking liberal la la land where we share cokes (c'mon people now, smile on your brother) and nobody has ill intent, my Remington 511-x would keep me very content.
        Attached Files

Comment

That's a tough one. If it's a take one or none situation I'm gonna grab my Glock 35, it's concealable and capable of taking any game in these parts.
          Ideally I'd take two, my Glock 35 or my RIA 1911 10mm and my Armalite M-15.

Comment

I remember my Dad back in the early 1950's discussing this very topic in our living room. He said, "If I had only one gun it would be my Ithaca Double, I shot enough game with it to fill this room." I don't think this was an exaggeration. He shot all types of game with this gun, large and small. Plus, many night varmints while on years of patrol on a large farm. There was a period of hard times (years) where our family of nine relied on wild game and our garden to survive. So, without thinking much, I would select my Browning O/U to this question.

Comment

I’d have to go with my single shot, break open 12g. From bird shot to slugs it can take anything. I’ve even loaded it with black powder and B.Bs to make a useable self defense/small game round. And if I have to rummage for ammo, 12g shells are everywhere. Even spent shells can be reprimed and loaded with black powder and shot in the field pretty easily. In a pinch some small gravel from the creek could be used for protection. One round at a time isn’t ideal for protection but if we’re talking one gun only, hard to beat a 12 gauge.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget