Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any of you guys familiar with a company called Lohman Arms? I was looking for some .22 LR, and they're the only place I can find it in stock, and they have it at a rather ridiculously low price - lower than I was paying for that ammo pre-panic. That,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any of you guys familiar with a company called Lohman Arms? I was looking for some .22 LR, and they're the only place I can find it in stock, and they have it at a rather ridiculously low price - lower than I was paying for that ammo pre-panic. That,

Any of you guys familiar with a company called Lohman Arms? I was looking for some .22 LR, and they're the only place I can find it in stock, and they have it at a rather ridiculously low price - lower than I was paying for that ammo pre-panic. That, combined with the fact I've never heard of them, was enough to make me wonder if they're a legitimate company.

They look reputable but I have not ordered from them. Always check shipping charges.
    Also, their BX and CS counts are confusing to me. Most .22lr I am used to ordering are 50/BX and 10BX per Brick. There are usually 10 Bricks per Case.
    I just bought a Brick (500 rounds) of CCI 40gr Solid Point, LR High Speed for $50.00. $0.10 per round.
    Standard speed ammo runs about $0.05 per round or $2.50 per box of 50 rounds.
    I don't know what their Bx,CS counts are.
    Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
      They look reputable but I have not ordered from them. Always check shipping charges.
      Also, their BX and CS counts are confusing to me. Most .22lr I am used to ordering are 50/BX and 10BX per Brick. There are usually 10 Bricks per Case.
      I just bought a Brick (500 rounds) of CCI 40gr Solid Point, LR High Speed for $50.00. $0.10 per round.
      Standard speed ammo runs about $0.05 per round or $2.50 per box of 50 rounds.
      I don't know what their Bx,CS counts are.
      Good luck.
      These were under $5 for a 50-round box, which is insanely cheap for premium ammo these days. Most other websites I looked at had comparable loads going for 8 or 9 bucks a box.

Comment

I tried to do some research. It looks like they are reputable, but it seems as if you simply give them your payment information and they will charge you once/if they get it in stock and ready to ship. This could take months. They have a number on their website, I'd give them a call.

Comment

Originally posted by JM View Post
          I tried to do some research. It looks like they are reputable, but it seems as if you simply give them your payment information and they will charge you once/if they get it in stock and ready to ship. This could take months. They have a number on their website, I'd give them a call.
          Ah, that explains why they don't say whether some things are in stock or not. I'm not wild about that kind of business.

Comment

I seem to have no difficulty getting .22 ammo in Canada. I kept buying cartons thinking that the problems you are having south of the border would eventually arrive up here. It has not happened and I could practically open up my own ammo shop stocking up for an event that never happened. Well, at least you can't shoot the barrel out of a .22 in this lifetime.

Comment

Originally posted by Kody View Post
              I seem to have no difficulty getting .22 ammo in Canada. I kept buying cartons thinking that the problems you are having south of the border would eventually arrive up here. It has not happened and I could practically open up my own ammo shop stocking up for an event that never happened. Well, at least you can't shoot the barrel out of a .22 in this lifetime.
              Interesting. I wonder if the difference is in attitude, or supply, or something else. The shortage has eased somewhat here, but anything but the cheapest and most common loads are still hard to find.

Comment

Hi...

No, am not familiar with them...However...The Sportsman's Guide (mail order) frequently has decent prices on same...You can easily pull them up on the web...!!

Comment

I'm surprised to keep seeing posts along this line. I'm 35 miles N of Philadelphia and I can't say I can buy .22 at will, but take WallyWorld out of it and the gun shops and ranges generally have it for ok prices. Midway USA and the sportsmansguide.com generally have it, but at prices that vary.

Comment

I ordered a case on 3/27/2015. Email confirmation of order did not include UPS tracker numbers. Called 3/31/2015. Was told all orders are back-ordered. Suspect a long wait. Will reply to source listing this dealer, as the broker listed "in stock". Will update any new info.

Comment

Here's their site. I've never ordered from them but will check their prices before my next purchase.

https://lohmanarms.com/product-category/ammunition/

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Strangers meet.
                        by 99explorer
                        A man is able to contact his long lost brother who he has never met.
                        They agree to meet in a crowded public place.
                        No identification markers...
                        08-16-2019, 11:03 PM
                      • OU football
                        by FirstBubba
                        Big G, thought you might like to know, I'm going to watch some OU football this fall.
                        The orthopaedic surgeon who rebuilt my hip is retired and...
                        08-16-2019, 10:35 PM
                      • True romance.
                        by 99explorer
                        A doctor and a bus driver are both in love with the same woman, a beautiful girl named Sarah.
                        The bus driver has to go on a long bus trip that will...
                        08-16-2019, 09:11 AM
                      • A question of standing.
                        by 99explorer
                        A man says to his father, "I'm standing behind you."
                        The father replies, "And I am standing behind you, son."
                        Could this...
                        08-15-2019, 01:59 PM
                      • Cashier problem.
                        by 99explorer
                        You are a cashier and owe a customer $41 change from a $50 bill.
                        You have every denomination of paper currency in the drawer except $1 bills, and...
                        08-14-2019, 03:39 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X