Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A couple of years ago I read an article about instinctive handgun shooting. So I've been working on it and now find it quite accurate. Does anyone use this technique or have some tips and suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A couple of years ago I read an article about instinctive handgun shooting. So I've been working on it and now find it quite accurate. Does anyone use this technique or have some tips and suggestions?

A couple of years ago I read an article about instinctive handgun shooting. So I've been working on it and now find it quite accurate. Does anyone use this technique or have some tips and suggestions?

At the end of every range session I always empty my revolver shooting by instinct only. Accuracy is acceptable for defensive purposes at least.

Comment

One of the Remington advertising points of the Model 51 and the new Model R51 is that it shot where you pointed. The barrel was very low in relation to the way it was held in the hand. They were the top pocket pistols of the day.

When I was a kid and 30-30 ammo was $2.50 a box I used to practice shooting my Winchester '94 from the hip like the Rifleman. I actually got pretty good at it and shot a couple deer from the hip.
      Attached Files

Comment

Not seriously, but I have experimented with instinctive handgun shooting on occasion. Never been much good at it, but I'm sure if I was more dedicated I could become proficient.

Comment

IMHO you need to practice booth instinct shooting and shooting for accuracy. Both have their place in self defense and in defense of others.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget