Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After 3+ years still cannot find a good supply of 22 ammo. Are we witnessing the death/obsolesce of the 22?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope the shortage does fizz out and when it does, I hope the hoarders have to eat every danged box they've bought.

Comment

Do you shoot a bow Charlie?

Comment

That's an interesting comparison John, Many once successful restaurants are gone. Perhaps because they took for granted their base customers, increased prices or quit serving the special food that made them great. Customer patterns change based on product availability. In this thread huntfishtrap uses an air gun, DSMbirddog shoots different rounds instead. Seems like a lot of shooters are finding ways around the shortage. Will this be long term? I don't know but at least Yogi Berra's Rigazzi's is still in business. A good omen, I hope.

Comment

trudeau, I shoot several types of bows and arrows - cedar arrows from longbows to carbon arrows from crossbows.
          later,
          charlie

Comment

When I am looking for .22lr, I ask the manager if he can stop putting out all his shipment in the AM. That way, if he put out some in the AM, then some around noon and the rest in the late afternoon all of us would have a chance at buying some. They seem to be receptive to my suggestion. Hope it works.

Comment

Like others, I think there's no way .22 is going away. There are too many of them out there. Which is a good thing. I think there are a couple of causes to the ammo shortage, but at least one of them is positive. There are a ton of new owners and shooters out there. And after they run out and by their first AR they realize they're expensive to feed, and they start getting to know more experienced shooters who inevitably say "You really should have a .22 or two for practice". Like so many things the new enthusiasts are often the most enthusiastic before they feel comfortable and settle into a less ammo burning rhythm of getting to the range and pace of shooting.

Comment

Also MidwayUSA has had sporadically Norma USA TAC-22, 500 rounds for under $60 which is about a nickel cheaper a round than I've seen on the sportsman's guide (of which I'm a member and fan) and far better than places like CTD.
                I've shot it. It functions fine. It's a bit greasy for my tastes compared to a staple like a golden bullet, but I've noticed the Eley and other brands I've picked up have had similar excessive lube and none have caused a problem for me in bolt or SA guns. I don't have a lever action .22.
                Hmm.. I just realized my life was incomplete.

Comment

No. Things that sell out time and time again never die.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Birthday meal
                    by Amflyer
                    Oldest son turns 15 in a week or so. (Yeah, no outdoor stuff this year. He's getting a bass guitar. Bought himself a deer rifle after summer job anyway)...
                    Yesterday, 02:16 PM
                  • ‘Twas the night before ….
                    by fitch270
                    the bow opener, and it’s chilli cook off night at church.

What could possibly go wrong?!?

😳🤢🙄

09-30-2022, 06:22 PM
                  • Deciding on Spot for First Day
                    by wesman24
                    Hello Everyone,

I currently have a spot set up on public land that is new to me this year. I did quite a bit of scouting in the area and...
                    09-29-2022, 02:15 PM
                  • What now?
                    by FirstBubba
                    PM'ing on another blog site with a gent.
                    I had lamented the fact that I have 20 gauge and 12 gauge MEC 600Jr loaders, but only shoot 16 gauge....
                    09-28-2022, 05:50 PM
                  • Counting down
                    by fitch270
                    We’ve had an early bear weekend already and squirrel season opened September 1’st but this Saturday morning is a big deal, most small game seasons...
                    09-28-2022, 04:33 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X