Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just purchased a 243WSSM and a Nikon Buck Masters scope. So my question is what is the best type of bore sighter to buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just purchased a 243WSSM and a Nikon Buck Masters scope. So my question is what is the best type of bore sighter to buy?

I just purchased a 243WSSM and a Nikon Buck Masters scope. So my question is what is the best type of bore sighter to buy?

Assuming this is a bolt action I wouldn't buy one. Just bore sight it the old fashioned way. Mount the scope, making sure the vertical axis of the scope aligns with the centerline of the bore (there are some tools that make this step easier, though, admittedly, some boresighters also help here).

Best to do this at a range - set up a target at about 25 yards. Set up the gun in a firm stand or sand bags. Remove the bolt. Look through the action and adjust the gun to center the target in the bore. Then adjust the reticle to also center on the target. Double check centers. The fire a round and adjust reticle as desired.

If you still want a boresighter, might consider the magnetic type. Personally, I am not comfortable with the metal collet type - sticking hard metal tight fitting objects into a rife bore requires caution, especially at the muzzle.

Comment

Ok I'll do that next time I get a chance. Thanks for the advice.

Comment

if u must have a bore sight, look into the site light bore sights, the match ur caliber in shape and size and make for fast checks.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Cabela’s / Bass Pro promo
          by fitch270
          This came in the mail a few days ago, at first I wasn’t surprised by it as we haven’t purchased much of anything since the merger. We also canceled...
          Today, 08:03 PM
        • Top three. (3)
          by FirstBubba
          We all have our favorites.

First favorite!
          What is your favorite species of fish to eat?
          1. my favorite is Pacific cod. clean,...
          Yesterday, 09:36 PM
        • Not a crappy crappie dinner
          by fitch270
          The plan was to have a fish fry while camping this weekend even if it meant stooping to smallish bluegills and perch. The goal was for the Kid and I to...
          Yesterday, 01:36 PM
        • Right now
          by fitch270
          07-24-2021, 10:45 PM
        • Adjusting my O/U fit
          by dewman
          Dove season will be here before you know it. I know last year the early Teal season(September) was a one and done for me but I have a new shotgun, son...
          07-24-2021, 08:10 AM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X