Have you tried a "shemagh"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you tried a "shemagh"?

I put this on F&S also to give everybody a heads up.

"... The shemagh, also known as the keffiyeh or Arab scarf, is a simple yet efficient way to protect your face and neck from sun, wind and sand. ... Styles of wearing the shemagh vary, but wrapping the scarf around the head and face provides optimal protection from the elements. ..."

I had never tried anything but the long, skinny scarfs we are all used to here in America.
    When the youngest started working out in El Paso and New Mexico, many workmates with military experience (Afghanistan & Iraq) carried/used shemaghs, both winter and summer!
    Great for keeping dust and dirt out of your face and direct sunlight off bare skin.
    In winter, they are very good at keeping wind off your neck and warmth around your face.
    I have two. I've also used them for a face shield (camo) and warmth when hunting.
    Light weight and versatile!

How to "tie" (wear?) a shemagh.

https://youtu.be/tfp_GnY8b0E

What camo patterns do they come in? No Realtree AP, no want.

Comment

Originally posted by dewman View Post
      What camo patterns do they come in? No Realtree AP, no want.
      Well sir, mine aren't in a "camo" pattern, but they are mottled and work very well as camo.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=camo+shem...l_2auoufgcwr_e
      FirstBubba
      ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
      Last edited by FirstBubba; 11-25-2021, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget