Cabela’s / Bass Pro promo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabela’s / Bass Pro promo

This came in the mail a few days ago, at first I wasn’t surprised by it as we haven’t purchased much of anything since the merger. We also canceled our Club Card since the points weren’t of value anymore. I know they keep track of all this info so the advertising made sense. Then it occurred to me that I’m certainly not the only person that was sent one.

You have to wonder how many they’d have to print before they realize there might be something wrong with their business strategy, lol!

56A2F109-413C-4B0A-99B9-5FF31F53654C.jpeg

Academy had rows of 22 shells - $10 for a box of 50. 223 & 9mm in bulk, didn't check price. Most 1-1/8oz 12ga running $10 a box around here. Guess it's the magic number. $10 off just seems like a pittance in these inflated times. I feel for any first time hunters/fishermen starting out. The price of gear for anyone starting off cold has got to be discouraging.😞😕🙁

Comment

Ain't nuthin' wrong with their strategy.
      You're the donkey.
      The coupon is the carrot.

When was the last time you checked out at WalMart?
      See all the candy, soft drinks and gee gaws around the checkout stand? Don't tell me you don't know what "impulse shopping" is?
      They just spent $300 on crap groceries (Red Baron Pizzas, Hungry Man TV dinners, Swanson's pot pies, three bags of cookies and a half case of Coke and Dr Pepper.
      What's another $2.98 two piece Snicker?

Comment

But do you guys suppose they understand the reason they “Miss Me” is because they ruined everything I liked about Cabela’s? I never was a fan of Bass Pro, my purchase history would easily back that up. Fact is the few times I did patronize BP was usually to use gift cards I’d received.

And it’s not just me based what I’m still reading on other forums. If they’ve lost that many customers since the merger to run a printing like this it should tell them something.

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post
          But do you guys suppose they understand the reason they “Miss Me” is because they ruined everything I liked about Cabela’s? I never was a fan of Bass Pro, my purchase history would easily back that up. Fact is the few times I did patronize BP was usually to use gift cards I’d received.

And it’s not just me based what I’m still reading on other forums. If they’ve lost that many customers since the merger to run a printing like this it should tell them something.
          If you come in and spend moo-lah, they couldn't give two hoots in hell if you become a regular or not. SOMEBODY who gets one of those thousands of carrots WILL become a "donkey"!

Comment

When the Cabela's CC was sold, we received a late notice before the bill even arrived. I called ,and they refused to take off the less than 2.00 interest charge that the claimed "was from when it was still Cabela's, not Capitol One, or something. Wouldn't listen to reason.

So we cancelled. Don't have the CC, don't shop there. Use Scheels instead. About two months later, I received a check in the mail for the small amount of interest...never cashed it.

Really sad to see the changes. Back in hunting camp, I have a 2007 Master Catalog for "sitting reading.". Amazing how much they carried back then.

Cabela's is a local outfit, like Hornady. Or was. Too bad.

Comment

This was in the box yesterday.

2B23598F-25CF-4F2B-9302-FF94756BE6F0.jpeg

I don’t remember having received one in a few years. It’s possible I just tossed them in the recycle pile the same as this one.

The Kid used to spend hours looking through the old hard covers, in fact they still sit on his book shelf like encyclopedias. I hope he keeps them, they’ll be one of those cool childhood memory deals.

FB, I get what you’re saying but it’s still an embarrassment for them. It’s like an old girlfriend needing attention after having dumped you.

Last edited by fitch270; 07-27-2021, 07:17 AM.

Comment

Yeah, in today's world, there seems to be no shame, no conscience. If you want it, just take it.

I'm trying to not be political, but it's like the TX (d)'s who promote mask mandates but flew to DC without masks! (?????)
                Do as I say, not as I do!

Comment

Just this morning I unsubscribed from Cabela's and Bass Pro email. I never read their emails and it's just spam as far as I'm concerned.

Comment

I do much enjoy the home Basspro. Couple hours drive from here. The firearms museum, most of Fred Bears archery trophies, all the big whitetails(original not repros) live alligators and monster fish, many freshwater the largest in captivity, right next door to Wonders of the Living World aquarium and nature center. They have some great sales on good gear, oddly though most all are inperson in store only(?). Been to Cabelas in Sydney. Nice statue. Around here talking down Basspro is just a childish way to get attention,😜

Comment

Originally posted by dewman View Post
                      I do much enjoy the home Basspro. Couple hours drive from here. The firearms museum, most of Fred Bears archery trophies, all the big whitetails(original not repros) live alligators and monster fish, many freshwater the largest in captivity, right next door to Wonders of the Living World aquarium and nature center. They have some great sales on good gear, oddly though most all are inperson in store only(?). Been to Cabelas in Sydney. Nice statue. Around here talking down Basspro is just a childish way to get attention,😜
                      If I ever was in the area I’d have to check out the BP home store just because. I’ve only been in two of them here in NY, one of which is a smaller outpost store or some such. Just never ran into any deals on anything of interest. I can’t knock Johnny Morris’s success at all, very similar to the Cabelas brothers. For me what made Cabela’s was the bargain cave and their product lines, especially hunting clothing. I’ve been to stores in Pennsylvania, Maine, Connecticut, Illinois, Indiana and Minnesota. Multiple stores in some of the Midwest states. BP did away with the bargain cave and the lifetime warranty on Cabela’s products in addition to discontinuing some good products I’d have bought again. Might just as well be Walmart now.

We have a couple Runnings stores within a few hours of us. They’re similar to Fleet Farm and other outfits like that, kind of a Cabela’s meets Tractor Supply meets Ace Hardware. Fun place to walk around but way too many ways to spend money on toys.

Comment

I've been to several Bass Pro locations

Leeds, AL
                        Prattville, AL
                        Spanish Fort, AL
                        Rancho Cucamonga, CA
                        Destin, FL
                        Lawrenceville, GA
                        Kodak, TN
                        Nashville, TN
                        Las Vegas, NV

My favorite has been the one in Vegas - It had mermaids swimming in the tank!

Comment

Sadly , my "go-to" M&P store closed down.

With two military bases less than 80 miles apart, pawn shops flourish while M&P stores wither and die.

Last edited by FirstBubba; 07-27-2021, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Only been to Gurney BP, was OK 20 yrs ago. Cabela's small store in Noblesville, wasnt great before BP. Covid and less well built clothing.....kinda ruined it IMHO.

Heard Scheels is good. None around.

Sportsmans Warehouse 1.5 hrs away, hit it when passing through. Had reloading stuff pre covid and only place that had reg 280 rem....barely ( plenty of AI ).

The ol lady got Danner boots and a raincoat on sale, I got a box of Federal premium ammo. Funny how yhat works.

Might hit Cabelas next week, am off work. Get my Jeep fixed and yard squared away......kid and I hit Cabelas then run to Kumas for dinner.

Maybe.

Might just stay home and grill, save $.

Def hit the range and go fishing some time next week.

Took kid to doc maybe a month ago and swung by Cabelas ( doc maybe 2 miles away ) and the fishing stuff was in low supply.

​​​​​​

Comment

Asspro has always been a train wreck and derailed Cabelas with it. Now, they’ll be taking Sportsman’s Warehouse down the schitter with them both. I have a ton of quality Cabelas hunting clothing that I bought over the years and since I only wear it during season, it has lasted. A pair of waders and goretex boots failed and their Forever Warranty expired with BPS. Waders were only a year old when the boots cracked. I’m done with their cheap crap. I’ll make do or head elsewhere.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget