Signs of life-----//

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Signs of life-----//

Was in Academy Sports this morning(Saturday) and saw Remoil back on the shelf. $8.99 for the big can. They also had 12 ga. Back in gun dept. as well as .22, 308,30-06, and a couple others on a shelf behind the checkouts at the service desk. Needed to get a new laser boresighter and some snap caps. Grabbed a can of Remoil just because. Saw a Gamo .177 air gun for $119, might go back for one and get my feet pellet gun wet. IMG_2312.JPG

I've been getting emails from Remington Ammunition on a regular basis for a couple weeks now. Trying to remain optimistic but if things don't turn around up here our vacation plans this summer may just revolve around dragging the camper to visit some aging relatives down south and hitting up gun shops, pawn shops and whatever outdoor stores we find in their areas. Do some catching up and stocking up both.

If the weather we've had keeps dragging out it might happen sooner than later.

Comment

We got 6-8" here but sunny today and will be in the 50's Tuesday & Wednesday so it'll be gone soon. Been using cb caps to shoot blackbirds off the squirrel/bird feeders. Felt good to get out.

Comment

Got up to 66°F here today. Nice to be outside without feeling I was on some Arctic trek for the north pole.

Comment

I got the Remington .22cal - not sure who made it. It shoots good. There is one pellet that is a premium and gives an extra 50 or so fps. I save those for hunting. they are about 50% more than regular pellets. good Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by dewman View Post
            Was in Academy Sports this morning(Saturday) and saw Remoil back on the shelf. $8.99 for the big can. They also had 12 ga. Back in gun dept. as well as .22, 308,30-06, and a couple others on a shelf behind the checkouts at the service desk. Needed to get a new laser boresighter and some snap caps. Grabbed a can of Remoil just because. Saw a Gamo .177 air gun for $119, might go back for one and get my feet pellet gun wet. IMG_2312.JPG
            I like the Rem oil that has a little teflon in it. Also, I like the shotgun cleaner. does not harm any surface.
            I have been practicing at my BIL with the Strikeman laser practice target system. We make a little party get together with it - 4 shooters. two can shoot at a time. One session I bet 400 shots were made. When you hit, a voice calls out the ring number. You can see where the laser hits. Very nice system. Not all that expensive vs. live ammo. I think it is about $100 with one laser and each additional laser is $55. I bought the .40 and .45 and 9mm came with it.
            Check out their demo video.
            Last edited by jhjimbo; 02-21-2021, 10:20 AM.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Taxidermy man called
              by fitch270
              Teaser; We haven’t picked it up yet but plan to this afternoon after the Kid gets done with work.

Should have pics up this evening.
              Today, 09:54 AM
            • Ammo/guns: the other side of the coin
              by dewman
              All of you know my latest 7mm-08. Well, I had a fella today at the little gun store I loiter at offer me $1,000 for it and the scope. Offered $40 a box...
              03-02-2021, 09:36 PM
            • Ammunition vs. components.
              by Red Angus
              Throughout the course of my daily duties, questions occasionally form in my mind as I contemplate various matters and this question seemed to be a likely...
              03-02-2021, 11:03 AM
            • Deer population
              by Red Angus
              Over evening last weekend, Feb. 20-21, my wife and I counted 55 deer in the 2-1/2 miles before we got home. Groups ranged in size from 5 to 25. Such numbers...
              03-01-2021, 05:53 PM
            • Nice find poochie!
              by FirstBubba
              The kid's pup headed to the backyard after breakfast.
              THIS is what she found.

No longer viable due to traumatic head injuri...
              02-28-2021, 11:32 AM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X