Clear All

• steve182
    replied
    I would've bought all 3

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied
    Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
    Hope you were able to latch onto those three scopes! $154/each is a heck of a deal!
    I've got a VX1 3-9×40 lying in the safe unopened! Paid $200 out the door.

My biggest concern is if the VX-Freedom series is "at least" as good as the old VX-I and VX-2.
    I never heard anything but bad news and horror stories about the "Rifleman" series.
    I recently sent my 40 year old VX-I back for "clean, adjust, reseal, recharge".
    Instead of getting my VX-I back, I got a brand spanking new VX-Freedom.
    Sad really! That VX-I was the very first Leupold I ever bought! LOL!
    ...and no! I haven't heard about any discontinuation!
    What were the bad stories about the rifleman ?

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied
    Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
    If you bought them for your personal use or as gifts, you got a heck of a deal.
    That scope is too good to be obsolete.
    But for resale purposes, I don't know what the market will bring.
    I got a sales brochure in today's mail from Gander Outdoors offering Leupold VX-1 scopes for $199.99.
    Two new VX=2 in sealed box went to a guy for $360.

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied
    I got a sales brochure in today's mail from Gander Outdoors offering Leupold VX-1 scopes for $199.99.
    need to check my local WM's!
    The 3-9×40 VX-I has been selling for $199.99 for a LONG time!

Leave a comment:

• Treestand
    replied
    My Walmart has them on sale But the boys in my neck of the woods have short arms & deep pockets. I picked up two just for S&Gs. Sell them at Camp.

Leave a comment:

• dewman
    replied
    I might gift one but I intend to use them myself somehow. Didn't buy them to sell, it's not my thing. Not much of a wheeler dealer, that's more the mrs.

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    replied

Leave a comment:

• dewman
    replied
    Supposed to be a comment under FIRSTBUBBA. I've handled the vx-freedoms and they look good to me, I wouldn't hesitate to buy one. I've got a 3x9 vx2 on my favorite 7-08 that I'm very happy with and I didn't know about Leupolds plans so I was confused, thought it was a Walmart decision some how. For the record, I bought all 3, have no idea what I'll put them on. Sometimes being impulsive and having money makes things happen.

Leave a comment:

• PigHunter
    replied
    Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
    Hope you were able to latch onto those three scopes! $154/each is a heck of a deal!

My biggest concern is if the VX-Freedom series is "at least" as good as the old VX-I and VX-2.
    I never heard anything but bad news and horror stories about the "Rifleman" series.
    Probably, it was lower cost for them to just send you a new scope. Plus, they may have been short of qualified repair personnel.

I've had absolutely no problems with the Leupold Rifleman on my .45-70 Handi-Rifle.

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied

Leave a comment:

• PigHunter
    replied
    Originally posted by PigHunter View Post
    Leupold phased out the Vx-1 and Vx-2 lines. They have been replaced by the VX-Freedom series.
    There's a sort function on the Leupold site. It looks like the lower priced models still include the Rifleman. My guess is that the Redfield line is discontinued.
    https://www.redfield.com/

Leave a comment:

• dewman
    replied
    Originally posted by PigHunter View Post
    Leupold phased out the Vx-1 and Vx-2 lines. They have been replaced by the VX-Freedom series.
    Thanks PH. Did not know which scopes the freedoms were replacing. Are the Leupold rifleman series gone now too? Will these be the only scopes below the vx3 line? Does this mean the Redfields are being fazed out also?

Leave a comment:

• PigHunter
    replied

Leave a comment:

• dewman
    started a topic Leupold vx-2 discontinued at Walmart?

Leupold vx-2 discontinued at Walmart?

Went into Walmart this morning and when I went back to sporting goods to get a can of Remoil and some 12 gauge mops I saw the clerk stacking 3 of these Leupold vx-2's on the counter marked clearance down from $298 to $154. He told me they were going to discontinue selling them. Did not know why. You guys know anything? I called the next closest store and they said they didn't have any and weren't there expecting any in.
    Attached Files

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X