Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your go-to hunting hat for warm weather?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your go-to hunting hat for warm weather?

Early hunting seasons are approaching and it looks like it'll be another very warm beginning. So, what's your preferred hunting hat for the early season?

In Alabama, most of my hunting is in warm weather no matter what time of year. My two favorites: one is camo and the other is blaze orange. Both are made with Goretex which sheds water but allows moisture vapor to escape from a sweaty head. Rolled when not in use, they take up very little space in the backpack. And , they are flexible enough to not be a bother when using a compound bow.

They can be found on Amazon...
    Attached Files

https://www.amazon.com/Outdoor-Company-Goretex-Boonie-Orange/dp/B003WHHS1W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1534089053&sr=8-1&keywords=boonie+hat+goretex

https://www.amazon.com/Outdoor-Camo-Gore-Tex-Boonie-Realtree/dp/B00HF17URS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1534088198&sr=8-2&keywords=boonie+hat+goretex&dpID=51p752MPH%252BL &preST=_SX300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

Comment

Pig Hunter -
      Could this be the image you are seeking to project?
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
        Pig Hunter -
        Could this be the image you are seeking to project?
        Bingo 99Ex, that's it!

Comment

I have a convertible Jones hat I got from Cabela's about 40 years ago. Cold weather is a couple Stormy Kromer made by Filson One Red/black check and the other blaze orange. I also have a Henschel Stetson style with a rain cover in blaze orange. My delemma and I suppose delemma for others is how to adjust closet if the weather keeps on the warming trend it is on. ??
          Don't know how I am going to handle ticks and mosquitoes. On Cape Cod they are trapping twice as many mosquitoes and of every 100, 14 carry the WNV. What do you use that won't spook the game animals.

Comment

Have a bunch of hats but for warm weather, these two 90% of time. I don't wear a hat all the time like a lot of these southern boys do. Throw in a bonus pick my brother sent me of our dad last weekend. Shoots Gamo fire tips because they remind him of ballistic tips. When you're 78 you have to stay in shape for elk and goose season.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by dewman View Post
              Have a bunch of hats but for warm weather, these two 90% of time. I don't wear a hat all the time like a lot of these southern boys do. Throw in a bonus pick my brother sent me of our dad last weekend. Shoots Gamo fire tips because they remind him of ballistic tips. When you're 78 you have to stay in shape for elk and goose season.
              I could shoot my .300Weatherby in the backyard.

Comment

That is if I had a .300Weatherby I would shoot it in the backyard.

Comment

Check out that right arm.
                  That picture tells me that you can't keep a good man down.

Comment

My Sister can shoot her deer out her kitchen door. Keeps an '06 by the door.

Comment

I use a bandana and baseball cap turned around,simple,effective, cheap,

Comment

I could shoot them out the back door, they like walking up in the evenings to munch on the flowers,I,d rather just watch them .

Comment

I have a hard time finding a hat in my size 8. So, for my warm weather hat, I use my Tilly hat with orange bandanas tied around it. This also provides me with an orange marker or even a handkerchief.

Comment

I'm a "ball cap" kinda guy.
                            Due to state law, I wear a blaze orange cap. I keep an orange sock hat in my hunting pack for cold weather.
                            Blaze orange isn't required for turkey season, so out comes the camo boonie.
                            In summer, I wear a broad brim straw hat. I have a friend who has ears that looks like rats have been chewing on them where he's had skin cancers removed.
                            He still refused to wear more than a ball cap.

I don't go outside without a head cover.
                            It's a "learned behavior". I can remember my dad in pajamas, house shoes, robe and felt western hat picking up the morning paper.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by PAShooter View Post
                              I have a hard time finding a hat in my size 8. So, for my warm weather hat, I use my Tilly hat with orange bandanas tied around it. This also provides me with an orange marker or even a handkerchief.
                              Dang that's a big head!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget