Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any good recommendations on a good riding lawn mower? ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any good recommendations on a good riding lawn mower? ?

My shed door is only 36 inches wide, so I need something small and tough.
    I could buy another shed for a wide grass bag comfortable riding mower. ?
    Comments or opinions?
    Attached Files

Check out the Troy-Bilt TB30R (exclusive to Lowe's). It's got a 30-inch deck.
    https://www.lowes.com/pd/Troy-Bilt-TB30R-10-5-HP-Manual-Gear-30-in-Riding-Lawn-Mower-Mulching-Capable/50119601?AID=10926682&PID=
    Attached Files

Comment

I have always had good service and performance from Troy-Bilt. Currently I have a riding mower, self propelled mower, and generator. They work.

Comment

I have a Snapper rear-engine riding mower with a 30-inch cutting deck. It cost $1600 new and it comes with a 12.5 hp Briggs & Stratton engine. I use Mobil one synthetic oil, and it has given me good service for eleven years this summer.
        My only real complaint is that the seat is rather slippery.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
          I have a Snapper rear-engine riding mower with a 30-inch cutting deck. It cost $1600 new and it comes with a 12.5 hp Briggs & Stratton engine. I use Mobil one synthetic oil, and it has given me good service for eleven years this summer.
          That is not my exact model. Mine came with a hard plastic seat.

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
            You can get another seat for it. I have a Toro 36" that looks like this one. I also have a MTD tractor mower with about a 36" deck and about 12 hp.

Comment

Gary you need a bigger door. Exmark zero turn. You will not look back.

Comment

Gary, my answer disappeared. I said you can get a carpenter who can very easily make your entrance into barn doors of any size you want. Very easy to do.

Comment

Gary only you know what size you need for the job at hand, your looking for a good brand Troy -Bilt & John Deere are top line (imo) The two come with a snow blower or plow blade....HMmmmmmmwinter

Comment

Originally posted by crm3006 View Post
                    I have always had good service and performance from Troy-Bilt. Currently I have a riding mower, self propelled mower, and generator. They work.
                    I think Honker still has the old style push mower. ?

Comment

Originally posted by Treestand View Post
                      Gary only you know what size you need for the job at hand, your looking for a good brand Troy -Bilt & John Deere are top line (imo) The two come with a snow blower or plow blade....HMmmmmmmwinter
                      I was thinking about a John Deere. I need to do some research and test ride the different brands.
                      Troy-Bilt got the most votes on this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by crm3006 View Post
                        I think Honk has geese come on his lawn and eat the grass.

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post
                          Check out the Troy-Bilt TB30R (exclusive to Lowe's). It's got a 30-inch deck.
                          https://www.lowes.com/pd/Troy-Bilt-TB30R-10-5-HP-Manual-Gear-30-in-Riding-Lawn-Mower-Mulching-Capable/50119601?AID=10926682&PID=
                          True story. I had an old 20" Sears mower like the one in the pic. I had about 1/2 acre of brush I wanted to open up. So I pulled the mower backward and it would ride up on the brush and chew its way back down and I would take a step forward and do the same thing all over. After that little mower finished the job I thought I would sharpen the blade. Guess what, the blade was on backwards. I never would have thought it would cut like it did .

Comment

This may be good to store a riding mower. It's only $726.
                            Attached Files

Comment

I've got the smallest of the JDeere X line X300, but it's a 42 inch deck.
                              Been running that thing for about 9 years now, mow about an acre, and it's probably busier in the so-called offseason. I use it to move firewood, plow, and I put a Johnny Bucket Jr. on it and use it to scrape and maintain the gravel drive. So it's also moving mulch, soil, and gravel. I don't recall how many hundreds of hours I have on it. My only complaint with it to date is that the hood plastic cracked and is held together with duct tape at this point.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Pieces of gold.
                                by 99explorer
                                Which is worth more, a pound of $10 gold pieces, or half a pound of $20 gold pieces?
                                Yesterday, 06:45 PM
                              • Mansion on fire.
                                by 99explorer
                                One of Jeffrey Epstein's mansions is on fire.
                                It has three main rooms. One is full of money in cash, another contains valuable paintings, and the...
                                Yesterday, 10:04 AM
                              • Firing squad.
                                by 99explorer
                                A man is shot by 12 members of a firing squad, and the squad officer administers the coup de grace with a bullet to the head.
                                This final shot does...
                                08-22-2019, 09:07 PM
                              • Lost in the woods.
                                by 99explorer
                                You are lost in the woods and come to a fork in the road.
                                One path leads to civilization and the other will get you lost forever.
                                Two Indians...
                                08-22-2019, 01:24 PM
                              • Books on a shelf.
                                by 99explorer
                                There are several books on a bookshelf.
                                If one book is fourth from the left and sixth from the right, how many books are on the shelf?
                                08-21-2019, 02:19 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X