Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you guys have any plans for your income tax return?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you guys have any plans for your income tax return?

How many of you, are planning to buy a new firearm? ?
    Attached Files

I never get a cash refund. I always rig it so I pay income taxes at the end of the year deadline rather than let the government use my money for nothing and then refund it in April. Required some self-discipline in the old days to make sure there was enough on hand to pay it without dipping into line of credit but it was usually not difficult. Much easier now that my income is almost entirely from pensions and investments. That six grand tax bill last year was something of a kick in the pants. However, during the year those funds pulled in almost seven percent in the hands of my investment councilor so I came out way ahead.

Comment

Big G turn your ramp 180* Your boards will take any weight and without sagging...You must be a plumber!!;-(( I'm buying a Schoolhouse Chopper (AR-15) NOT!!

Comment

We'll be owing a couple grand as usual I imagine. But it's annual bonus time at the wife's work a small quarterly for me, and I'm probably going to move some money to pay off debts I don't like hanging out there.

Coincidentally though, a decent shed to replace the little box store steel shed, plus old goat shed I moved up to the drive for the lawn tractor looks to be under serious consideration. I could care less about the sheds, they keep rain off things but the wife doesn't like the mismatched appearance.

Comment

double post

Comment

Originally posted by Ontario Honker Hunter View Post
            I never get a cash refund. I always rig it so I pay income taxes at the end of the year deadline rather than let the government use my money for nothing and then refund it in April. Required some self-discipline in the old days to make sure there was enough on hand to pay it without dipping into line of credit but it was usually not difficult. Much easier now that my income is almost entirely from pensions and investments. That six grand tax bill last year was something of a kick in the pants. However, during the year those funds pulled in almost seven percent in the hands of my investment councilor so I came out way ahead.
            Honker, last year I made more income. My accountant raised my estimated monthly State and Federal taxes.
            When I took in less income, I received a nice refund. This year 2018 my accountant lowered my estimated taxes.
            If I have a booming year, I will pay out the a$$. ?+1

Comment

Originally posted by Treestand View Post
              Big G turn your ramp 180* Your boards will take any weight and without sagging...You must be a plumber!!;-(( I'm buying a Schoolhouse Chopper (AR-15) NOT!!
              Tree, the ramp came with the shed. I will pour fresh concrete under the ramp to raise it four inches. The ramp does move upward. Right now it's like a ski slope and can be very dangerous with ice. ?

Comment

I have no complaints. My daughter and grandson receive many social benefits and of course we have free medical. For many years I paid nothing or nearly nothing even though I was very well off. Just not a lot of income. About time I started paying my share. Doing so doesn't mean I'm stupid either. Are you listening President Trump?

Comment

Originally posted by jcarlin View Post
                  We'll be owing a couple grand as usual I imagine. But it's annual bonus time at the wife's work a small quarterly for me, and I'm probably going to move some money to pay off debts I don't like hanging out there.

Coincidentally though, a decent shed to replace the little box store steel shed, plus old goat shed I moved up to the drive for the lawn tractor looks to be under serious consideration. I could care less about the sheds, they keep rain off things but the wife doesn't like the mismatched appearance.
                  JC, the Pennsylvania Amish delivered it already made up. They took it from a flatbed truck and wheeled it over on their mini forklift.
                  They leveled it, hooked up the ramp and installed wire mesh skirting in less then an hour.

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter
                    My Federal tax to be paid is roughly equal to my State refund. So, there are no additional funds for firearms this Spring. Especially since I've been spending on suppressors and reloading components.

However, a .22lr bolt action with threaded barrel by late Summer is a strong possibility.
                    Nice firearm for groundhogs and there will be no groundhog holes underneath my shed unless they have a jack hammer.

Comment

My Federal tax to be paid is roughly equal to my State refund. So, there are no additional funds for firearms this Spring. Especially since I've been spending on suppressors and reloading components.

However, a .22lr bolt action with threaded barrel by late Summer is a strong possibility.
                      Gary, they dig under the pad - foxes to.

Comment

Originally posted by jcarlin View Post

Amish do a lot of that in Ohio as well. Good work at a reasonable price.

Comment

I have to pay.

Comment

Jim, why would a ground hog dig underneath four inch concrete and six in of crushed concrete with gravel?
                            That's ten inches of unnecessary work. I will put my garden hose in the hole and let it run for a few hours.
                            They better know how to swim underground. ?

Comment

Got a decent federal refund but owe WV most of it so no new guns with my tax money this year. Once I get more saved up my next gun will probably be another pistol, or another 270. I did, however, use the little bit I got to buy a tent and bow target. Let my wife use the rest.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Parallax adj
                                by CD2
                                Somebody wanted my Leupold VX1 3-9x a while back and figured Id get a new Freedom .22 lr model to replace it.

Bud never came for scope and...
                                08-07-2022, 06:22 PM
                              • TriggerTech installed
                                by fitch270
                                First off an apology, the lens protector on my cellphone case is getting scuffed up so pics aren’t so clear.

Mailman brought this yesterday,...
                                08-06-2022, 10:09 PM
                              • Aquila ammo test
                                by dewman
                                Tested Aquila Super Colibri (590fps), Super Extra hp (1280fps) & Interceptor (1470 fps ).
                                Super Colibri (590) maybe good up to 30' 3-1/2"-4"...
                                08-05-2022, 05:11 PM
                              • Show and Tell
                                by Amflyer
                                Show me a picture and tell me (us) about your favorite hunting or fishing something.
                                08-04-2022, 07:23 PM
                              • College Orientation News
                                by fitch270
                                Yesterday I finally got to check out the college the Kid will be attending in just three short weeks. I wasn’t really sure what to expect but left with...
                                07-30-2022, 12:37 AM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X