Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whate Type of Eye Gear Do You Use In Upland/Deer Hunting In Good & Bad Weather?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post
    I use corrective glasses while hunting because of nearsightedness. My most recent pair have the best lenses available to the local provider and I went with UV and antiglare coatings. The polycarbonate lenses are highly impact resistant and are fully contained within the frames.

My previous pair have transition lenses that get darker when exposed to UV and are polarized. I still use them when fishing / canoeing / driving. However, that coating slightly reduces normal light transmission and I didn't want that in this latest set of glasses. My reasoning is that after going to all the trouble to buy good scopes, I don't want to limit my low-light shooting capability with the wrong choice of lens coatings.

Protective eyewear is also important when hunting in thicker woods and have many times kept small limbs from damaging my eyes. This is especially important when moving in the dark.

I wear wrap around safety sunglasses at home when doing yard work. On the beach it just normal sunglasses - corrective lenses would be a waste since the alcohol consumed already causes blurry vision...
    You should have been there when the LSU girls' soccer team came out sightseeing. They were all bayou beauties in prime physical shape and were aware of it and were proud of it. The mackerel were biting that day and most of us were more than happy to help them catch as many as they wanted. A couple of the girls were real fisherladies. Lots of laughter an many unashamed, admiring glances. Make an old man cry and make a young man burn.

Comment

I got hit in my eye with a sapling while deer hunting. The pain was unbelievable and I scratched something. ?
      My brother and cousin drove me to a New Brunswick Canada hospital. ?
      I had to wear an eye patch the rest of the week.
      My equilibrium was all mess up, therefore my hunt was limited to walking on a gravel road, so I wouldn't fall over.
      Our truck was nearby if I needed to rest.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Devine View Post
        I got hit in my eye with a sapling while deer hunting. The pain was unbelievable and I scratched something. ?
        My brother and cousin drove me to a New Brunswick Canada hospital. ?
        I had to wear an eye patch the rest of the week.
        My equilibrium was all mess up, therefore my hunt was limited to walking on a gravel road, so I wouldn't fall over.
        Our truck was nearby if I needed to rest.
        Bean there done that...up in the Catskills mnt, deer hunting,I was taken to Liberty Gen, They removed a twig seed? from my left eye! Worst of all I lost a day of hunting. just for not using my amber glasses.

Comment

Originally posted by country road View Post
          I have worn glasses since I was five years old, and it was a terrible thing for a teenager to have to go through high school in the early 60's wearing those old 'birth control black' frames, but just like the Boy Named Sue, it made me try harder. Anyhow, I now wear clear trifocals when not in the sun---I tried contacts after my cataract surgery, but I was too accustomed to wearing glasses and went back to them. I wear brown tinted polarized trifocals when outdoors and not in the woods---I've never been able to see in the woods as well with any kind of tinted lenses.
          I use a bifocal Amber Lenses Great in the dark woods even better in my T-stand up high. Give them a try country $6.00 @ Walmart.

Comment

It comes and goes. I wear prescription glasses.
            I have my day to day glasses, yellow shooting glasses, and Bolle sunglasses all in my Px.
            One of them is on my face, but it depends on the day and the activity. If shotguns are swinging it's most likely the yellow pair.

Comment

Originally posted by MattM37 View Post
              Nothing. I wore glasses for years, and then my vision miraculously restored itself to 20/20 in my early 30s. I've never bought a pair of sunglasses; after all those years with glasses, it's still incredibly liberating to not have anything on my face, and I'd just as soon squint. I do think about protection, though, especially when I'm going through a crabapple thicket and remember one of our local game wardens, who took an inch-long thorn in his eyeball a few years ago. It's probably not smart for me to do some of the things I do without some kind of eyewear.
              stedSometimes what you write and how it looks to others gets misconstrued,Treestand I was referencing to Matt that what you posted would save Matt pain and suffering, my bad

Comment

Originally posted by MattM37 View Post
                Nothing. I wore glasses for years, and then my vision miraculously restored itself to 20/20 in my early 30s. I've never bought a pair of sunglasses; after all those years with glasses, it's still incredibly liberating to not have anything on my face, and I'd just as soon squint. I do think about protection, though, especially when I'm going through a crabapple thicket and remember one of our local game wardens, who took an inch-long thorn in his eyeball a few years ago. It's probably not smart for me to do some of the things I do without some kind of eyewear.
                No bad, I think what you meant came through. (I guess I've read enough of your posts by now; I'm fluent in "6phunter-ese.")

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Hotel guest.
                  by 99explorer
                  A woman is sitting in her hotel room when there is a knock on the door.
                  She opens the door to find a man that she has never seen before.
                  The...
                  Today, 08:41 PM
                • Plane crash.
                  by 99explorer
                  A passenger plane crashes on the exact border between the U.S. and Canada.
                  Where do they bury the survivors?
                  Today, 03:16 PM
                • Animals on the ark.
                  by 99explorer
                  How many animals of each species did Moses take on the ark with him?
                  Today, 02:08 PM
                • The college student puzzle..
                  by 99explorer
                  A student rides his scooter to the train station to go to college. His home in between two train stations.
                  The first station is a mile from home,...
                  Yesterday, 01:58 PM
                • Pieces of gold.
                  by 99explorer
                  Which is worth more, a pound of $10 gold pieces, or half a pound of $20 gold pieces?
                  08-23-2019, 06:45 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X