Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whate Type of Eye Gear Do You Use In Upland/Deer Hunting In Good & Bad Weather?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whate Type of Eye Gear Do You Use In Upland/Deer Hunting In Good & Bad Weather?

I Hunt Florida, Sun Glasses are a Must,I use Gargoyles & Oakley Driving Sun Glasses and a set of Elcheapo Amber upland shooting glasses. Most of Y'all are in Dust/Snow/Wind/Rain parts of the country....any good Tips for Others??

I use corrective glasses while hunting because of nearsightedness. My most recent pair have the best lenses available to the local provider and I went with UV and antiglare coatings. The polycarbonate lenses are highly impact resistant and are fully contained within the frames.

My previous pair have transition lenses that get darker when exposed to UV and are polarized. I still use them when fishing / canoeing / driving. However, that coating slightly reduces normal light transmission and I didn't want that in this latest set of glasses. My reasoning is that after going to all the trouble to buy good scopes, I don't want to limit my low-light shooting capability with the wrong choice of lens coatings.

Protective eyewear is also important when hunting in thicker woods and have many times kept small limbs from damaging my eyes. This is especially important when moving in the dark.

I wear wrap around safety sunglasses at home when doing yard work. On the beach it just normal sunglasses - corrective lenses would be a waste since the alcohol consumed already causes blurry vision...

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post
      I use corrective glasses while hunting because of nearsightedness. My most recent pair have the best lenses available to the local provider and I went with UV and antiglare coatings. The polycarbonate lenses are highly impact resistant and are fully contained within the frames.

My previous pair have transition lenses that get darker when exposed to UV and are polarized. I still use them when fishing / canoeing / driving. However, that coating slightly reduces normal light transmission and I didn't want that in this latest set of glasses. My reasoning is that after going to all the trouble to buy good scopes, I don't want to limit my low-light shooting capability with the wrong choice of lens coatings.

Protective eyewear is also important when hunting in thicker woods and have many times kept small limbs from damaging my eyes. This is especially important when moving in the dark.

I wear wrap around safety sunglasses at home when doing yard work. On the beach it just normal sunglasses - corrective lenses would be a waste since the alcohol consumed already causes blurry vision...
      Thank You PH, I love your Ending Sir.(+1

Comment

Nothing special, I am far sighted so just use basic bi-focals where the main part is not prescription.

Comment

I just wear my regular prescription bi-focals, but take a pair of sunglasses along when there is heavy snow on the ground.

Comment

Nothing. I wore glasses for years, and then my vision miraculously restored itself to 20/20 in my early 30s. I've never bought a pair of sunglasses; after all those years with glasses, it's still incredibly liberating to not have anything on my face, and I'd just as soon squint. I do think about protection, though, especially when I'm going through a crabapple thicket and remember one of our local game wardens, who took an inch-long thorn in his eyeball a few years ago. It's probably not smart for me to do some of the things I do without some kind of eyewear.

Comment

Originally posted by MattM37 View Post
              Nothing. I wore glasses for years, and then my vision miraculously restored itself to 20/20 in my early 30s. I've never bought a pair of sunglasses; after all those years with glasses, it's still incredibly liberating to not have anything on my face, and I'd just as soon squint. I do think about protection, though, especially when I'm going through a crabapple thicket and remember one of our local game wardens, who took an inch-long thorn in his eyeball a few years ago. It's probably not smart for me to do some of the things I do without some kind of eyewear.
              A cheep set of Amber glasses in worth Gold when not used & needed!!

Comment

Thanks Treestand, just telling da truth! ;-)

Comment

Early season doves,and going through the woods on atv I use wrap around safety sunglasses,I,have done enough squinting for all of us,and after getting whacked in the eye it small inconvenience to keep them handy.

Comment

I'm thinking I'll just get a good pair of polarized glasses I can wear trout-fishing, too. That just decided me, actually; it's going on my shopping list for tax-return time. Hey, thanks Treestand!

Comment

Tree stand just trying to save you a lesson,you will be wishing you had them on one of these days

Comment

A good pair of wraparound sunglasses on the beach are mandatory to allow aging degenerates like me to more closely observe the beach bunnies without offending them (much). One day on the pier, a couple of bikini-clad young lovelies walked out, attracting the attention of all us pier rats and they acted like they didn't care for us old dudes looking at them. One of my compatriots remarked, "Humphf---If you gonna put all yo' veggies out there, somebody gonna look at yo' peaches." Profound statement from somebody who smelled like old shrimp.

Comment

I have worn glasses since I was five years old, and it was a terrible thing for a teenager to have to go through high school in the early 60's wearing those old 'birth control black' frames, but just like the Boy Named Sue, it made me try harder. Anyhow, I now wear clear trifocals when not in the sun---I tried contacts after my cataract surgery, but I was too accustomed to wearing glasses and went back to them. I wear brown tinted polarized trifocals when outdoors and not in the woods---I've never been able to see in the woods as well with any kind of tinted lenses.

Comment

Thanks MattM37 & 6Phunter, I do this to help others, Not for points, Ya can't eat points Lol

Comment

Country Road, you sparked my imagination with that one and for the moment it was almost like I was there helping y'all ogle the beauties!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• The new king.
                                by 99explorer
                                The queen has twins by C-section, so it is impossible to tell who would have been born first and would become the next king.
                                Now the twins are adults...
                                Yesterday, 04:27 PM
                              • Sisters.
                                by 99explorer
                                Two girls were born to the same mother, on the same day, within minutes of each other, in the same month and year, and yet they are not twins.
                                How...
                                Yesterday, 09:32 AM
                              • Rice for sale.
                                by 99explorer
                                A man can buy rice for $1 per pound in the U.S.A.
                                He buys tons of the stuff, and sells it all in India for a nickel a pound.
                                He soon becomes...
                                08-18-2019, 06:43 PM
                              • Strangers meet.
                                by 99explorer
                                A man is able to contact his long lost brother who he has never met.
                                They agree to meet in a crowded public place.
                                No identification markers...
                                08-16-2019, 11:03 PM
                              • OU football
                                by FirstBubba
                                Big G, thought you might like to know, I'm going to watch some OU football this fall.
                                The orthopaedic surgeon who rebuilt my hip is retired and...
                                08-16-2019, 10:35 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X