Does anyone use Arkansas stones?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone use Arkansas stones?

I have a few Arkansas sharpening stones, in three grades, plain, translucent, and black. I like these stones for finishing the edge on knives, and am wondering who else uses them.

Henry, that's a great question. It's been years since the last time I used Arkansas stones. For convex edges on knives I've been using a Worksharp. I also use the Worksharp on scissors. For Scandi grinds and other straight edges I've started using ceramic cross sticks. My old Lansky sharpening system with guide rods mostly collects dust but it does see some use on my more special knives.

For axes, machetes, lawnmower blades - I use a 1x30 tabletop belt sander.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• The new king.
      by 99explorer
      The queen has twins by C-section, so it is impossible to tell who would have been born first and would become the next king.
      Now the twins are adults...
      Yesterday, 04:27 PM
    • Sisters.
      by 99explorer
      Two girls were born to the same mother, on the same day, within minutes of each other, in the same month and year, and yet they are not twins.
      How...
      Yesterday, 09:32 AM
    • Rice for sale.
      by 99explorer
      A man can buy rice for $1 per pound in the U.S.A.
      He buys tons of the stuff, and sells it all in India for a nickel a pound.
      He soon becomes...
      08-18-2019, 06:43 PM
    • Strangers meet.
      by 99explorer
      A man is able to contact his long lost brother who he has never met.
      They agree to meet in a crowded public place.
      No identification markers...
      08-16-2019, 11:03 PM
    • OU football
      by FirstBubba
      Big G, thought you might like to know, I'm going to watch some OU football this fall.
      The orthopaedic surgeon who rebuilt my hip is retired and...
      08-16-2019, 10:35 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X