Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A friend and I came across a run of scrapes. I set up a trail cam and he pulled out buck scent that looked like underarm rub.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A friend and I came across a run of scrapes. I set up a trail cam and he pulled out buck scent that looked like underarm rub.

GEAR REVIEW;

I never seen this before. Any of you guys familiar with this product. He rub it on the over hanging branches above the scrape.
    Pretty Cool!
    Attached Files

In line with my previous "gimmick" question, hah. I have seen stuff like this, but never tested it. Never used any scent products in general. I wonder if you could kill two bird with one stone if you put into on your own armpits.

Comment

They also make a product called VS1. I have a buddy who swears by it. He kills a decent buck on a hard hunted piece of public ground every year with a bow. He says it brings them in on a string. I don't know myself. I'll stick with acorn cover scent.

Comment

Nothing works 100% of the time,cover scent,mock scrapes,elevated or blind stands ,it's all really a matter of choice to what you think helps work in your favor,that in its self is an advantage,just believing.There will always be new techniques or equipment evolving into better products.Some will stand the test of time,others may never catch on. That's Deer Hunting,

Comment

Originally posted by JM View Post
          In line with my previous "gimmick" question, hah. I have seen stuff like this, but never tested it. Never used any scent products in general. I wonder if you could kill two bird with one stone if you put into on your own armpits.
          I've read a couple studies that says the majority of human scent is spread by breathing. Every breath pumps a cloud of scent out into the air.

Comment

Father/son friends of mine who strictly bowhunt use that evercalm a lot. According to them it does exactly what the name says. They get a whiff. Wag their tail and relax. They linger and mill around. I don't use it because by the time they are in my rifle kill zone they're either free to go or dead.

Comment

I've used it for the past (3)yr with good success, I get my three deer for the season. I'm happy the freezer is full and my full time woman gets one also. If she only stop wearing them darn fishing lures ear rings in the woods. LOL

Comment

I wouldn't argue with that. I generally breath out of my nose while hunting for that reason.

Comment

But the exhale is still coming from the same place, JM. Is your thinking that your nasal passages serve as some sort of scent filter? (Just playing devil's advocate for the sake of conversation.)

Comment

Don't leave that stuff on the shelf next to your deodorant.

Comment

I guess the underarm deodorant buck scent rubbed on the over hanging scrape tree branch works.
                      Check out the photo below.
                      Attached Files

Comment

No, my thinking is that I am generally chewing gum or jerky or something, and breathing through your nose will bypass a lot of the scent contained in your mouth(obviously you will still pick up scent from shared linings, etc). Also, I feel like I can control my breathing better while breathing through my nose.

Comment

Crap... I thought it was underarm rub... no wonder my wife's been distant lately.

Comment

Originally posted by dewman View Post
                            Father/son friends of mine who strictly bowhunt use that evercalm a lot. According to them it does exactly what the name says. They get a whiff. Wag their tail and relax. They linger and mill around. I don't use it because by the time they are in my rifle kill zone they're either free to go or dead.
                            It's good to be decisive and proactive.

Comment

I knew that breath thing---maybe that's why I gasp and forget to breathe when a big buck pops into view.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• The new king.
                                by 99explorer
                                The queen has twins by C-section, so it is impossible to tell who would have been born first and would become the next king.
                                Now the twins are adults...
                                Yesterday, 04:27 PM
                              • Sisters.
                                by 99explorer
                                Two girls were born to the same mother, on the same day, within minutes of each other, in the same month and year, and yet they are not twins.
                                How...
                                Yesterday, 09:32 AM
                              • Rice for sale.
                                by 99explorer
                                A man can buy rice for $1 per pound in the U.S.A.
                                He buys tons of the stuff, and sells it all in India for a nickel a pound.
                                He soon becomes...
                                08-18-2019, 06:43 PM
                              • Strangers meet.
                                by 99explorer
                                A man is able to contact his long lost brother who he has never met.
                                They agree to meet in a crowded public place.
                                No identification markers...
                                08-16-2019, 11:03 PM
                              • OU football
                                by FirstBubba
                                Big G, thought you might like to know, I'm going to watch some OU football this fall.
                                The orthopaedic surgeon who rebuilt my hip is retired and...
                                08-16-2019, 10:35 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X