Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What age is a Senior Citizen? Does Bass Pro, Cabela, L.L. Beam and other Sportsmen stores give seniors a break?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A bit off subject but AARP apparently think 50 is my magical number. I get enough crap from them to have fire starter for life!

Comment

Originally posted by MattM37 View Post
      In New York it's age 70, believe it or not. Active duty military personnel can get free licenses; veterans with a disability of 40% or more can get any sporting license for $5.00 (right now, the hunting license and fishing license are both in the $20-25 range). There isn't much offered besides that. I believe, but could be wrong, that all veterans can get free passes to any state park facility or boat launch that charges fees, and the state does offer two "Free Fishing Weekends" every year, no licenses required for anybody on both Saturday and Sunday. One of them, though, is in mid-November, hardly the time when most people can or will take advantage.
      Matt, thats terrible. If any political laws and rules can beat out New Jersey for being cheap, it would be New York.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Devine View Post
        It looks like New Jersey is the worst again.
        License fees are half price at 65 :-(
        Tree, I would never live inside Tornado or Hurricane alley states.

Comment

In New York it's age 70, believe it or not. Active duty military personnel can get free licenses; veterans with a disability of 40% or more can get any sporting license for $5.00 (right now, the hunting license and fishing license are both in the $20-25 range). There isn't much offered besides that. I believe, but could be wrong, that all veterans can get free passes to any state park facility or boat launch that charges fees, and the state does offer two "Free Fishing Weekends" every year, no licenses required for anybody on both Saturday and Sunday. One of them, though, is in mid-November, hardly the time when most people can or will take advantage.
          NYC and Long Island should not be part of the state; it's night and day between down there and up here. Probably rural Californians say the same thing about Los Angeles, Illinoisans about Chicago, etc. Anyway, on the plus side, our season lengths are very generous and there's a ton of state forest and public-access fishing streams.

Comment

Originally posted by GERG View Post
            A bit off subject but AARP apparently think 50 is my magical number. I get enough crap from them to have fire starter for life!
            Gerg Sir, I get enough to start both of our fires at 30 years old. Absolutely ridiculous.

Comment

Upstate NY lives for NYC. They send them power and water plus all their taxes to support the 30% that are on welfare.

Comment

Originally posted by Treestand View Post
                In Fl, Age 65 is the Magic number for FREE: Hunting/Salt Water/Fresh Water Fishing.Lic. Banks in Fl, say 55 that's only to get your banking Bzz! In the Eyes of the Law 65, makes you a "Senior Citizen";-)) You do have to pay for a Duck Stamp.
                How can a State charge for a fishing license for fishing in salt water ??

Comment

I thought I was being funny when I said something to my sister on her 45th birthday about AARP, then she told me that she'd been getting stuff from them for the past five or six years. I'm 45 now and haven't gotten anything yet -- but with the way the stores keep track of you now ("Do you have your Bonus Card, sir?"), I'm sure the mailings will begin right after my first purchase of Preparation H, whenever that happens.

Comment

In AL, if you're 65, you don't have to buy hunting or fishing license. I like the senior coffee at McD's.

Comment

Originally posted by country road View Post
                      In AL, if you're 65, you don't have to buy hunting or fishing license. I like the senior coffee at McD's.
                      I went in KFC for lunch after a service call and KFC girl gave me a 10% senior discount.
                      It must be my gray hair??

Comment

Originally posted by dewman View Post
                        Missouri: At age 60 you can get lifetime fishing $35 or lifetime hunting $35. At 65 you are exempt.
                        Is this Dewman or your hunting friend Mister T commenting ?? LMAO

Comment

Originally posted by country road View Post
                          Yeah, they've quit checking my ID, too.

Comment

Never joined AARP as I don't think they represent seriors very well, IMO.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Sisters.
                              by 99explorer
                              Two girls were born to the same mother, on the same day, within minutes of each other, in the same month and year, and yet they are not twins.
                              How...
                              Today, 09:32 AM
                            • Rice for sale.
                              by 99explorer
                              A man can buy rice for $1 per pound in the U.S.A.
                              He buys tons of the stuff, and sells it all in India for a nickel a pound.
                              He soon becomes...
                              08-18-2019, 06:43 PM
                            • Strangers meet.
                              by 99explorer
                              A man is able to contact his long lost brother who he has never met.
                              They agree to meet in a crowded public place.
                              No identification markers...
                              08-16-2019, 11:03 PM
                            • OU football
                              by FirstBubba
                              Big G, thought you might like to know, I'm going to watch some OU football this fall.
                              The orthopaedic surgeon who rebuilt my hip is retired and...
                              08-16-2019, 10:35 PM
                            • True romance.
                              by 99explorer
                              A doctor and a bus driver are both in love with the same woman, a beautiful girl named Sarah.
                              The bus driver has to go on a long bus trip that will...
                              08-16-2019, 09:11 AM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X