Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What age is a Senior Citizen? Does Bass Pro, Cabela, L.L. Beam and other Sportsmen stores give seniors a break?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What age is a Senior Citizen? Does Bass Pro, Cabela, L.L. Beam and other Sportsmen stores give seniors a break?

I am not a cheap-skate but a five or ten percent discount is nice.
    At what age does the Fish and Game Departments issue a senior discounts on license fees?

Missouri: At age 60 you can get lifetime fishing $35 or lifetime hunting $35. At 65 you are exempt.

Comment

Gary, most of the places that I know of here in Michigan consider senior citizen status starting at 55. But there are a few that consider it at the start of social security eligability at 62. So it can vary at different places. I beleive senior hunting and fishing licenses start at 62 ! Can not give you an answer for large sporting goods stores, but I would imagine it to be 62 also, could be wrong !

Comment

Originally posted by dewman View Post
        Missouri: At age 60 you can get lifetime fishing $35 or lifetime hunting $35. At 65 you are exempt.
        Now that is a good deal. You can't beat that with a stick !

Comment

@Dewman,
          Nice to see a fellow Missouri person on here.
          @Richard,
          Missouri has some great pricing. You can also buy a lifetime permit that covers almost everything for $550 if the person is under 15($800 for 16-20)....but this covers, "This permit carries the same privileges as the Resident Hunting and Fishing Permit, Trout Permit, Migratory Bird Hunting Permit and Conservation Order Permit." Basically 45 years of fishing+small games licenses for under $800...total steal.
          -Landowners with 5 acres of more also get the following permits for free every year:

-One Resident Landowner Spring Turkey Hunting Permit
          -One Resident Landowner Fall Firearms Turkey Hunting Permit
          -One Resident Landowner Firearms Any-Deer Hunting Permit
          -One Resident Landowner Archer’s Hunting Permit
          -Two Resident Landowner Archery Antlerless Deer Hunting Permits depending upon county availability

Comment

Ohio reduced rate hunting license is $10 over 66 years old. Free over 80. Senior over 66 also free for turkey, extra deer permits, waterfowl and trapper.

I have a Lifetime License for New York that gives me all the privelages of a resident big game hunter/small game/fishing. I got the license when they first came out (I have a 2 digit license number and a gold back tag and a wallet card that is credit card size). I believe it was about $300 at the time, much more at this time. If your State offers resident regs no matter where you live I would say get the Lifetime. Mine has paid for itself many times over.

Comment

Cabela's gives Veterans 5%, not sure about any senior discount.

Comment

I thought it was 55 but who knows. IIRC Bass Pro has one that they don't advertise

Comment

You wonder why some states are so hunter and fisherman friendly, and why other states suck when it comes to the same people ! Good work Missouri, we should all be so lucky to have intelligent people looking out for sportsmen !

Comment

It looks like New Jersey is the worst again.
                    License fees are half price at 65 :-(

Comment

In Fl, Age 65 is the Magic number for FREE: Hunting/Salt Water/Fresh Water Fishing.Lic. Banks in Fl, say 55 that's only to get your banking Bzz! In the Eyes of the Law 65, makes you a "Senior Citizen";-)) You do have to pay for a Duck Stamp.

Comment

Originally posted by Treestand View Post
                        In Fl, Age 65 is the Magic number for FREE: Hunting/Salt Water/Fresh Water Fishing.Lic. Banks in Fl, say 55 that's only to get your banking Bzz! In the Eyes of the Law 65, makes you a "Senior Citizen";-)) You do have to pay for a Duck Stamp.
                        Academy Sports Do give Vets & Seniors a 10% off, but not on guns & Ammo.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Devine View Post
                          Love It Or Leave It,???????>>>>>>>Fl.;-))

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Devine View Post
                            You're still better than New York. Age 70!

Comment

In New York it's age 70, believe it or not. Active duty military personnel can get free licenses; veterans with a disability of 40% or more can get any sporting license for $5.00 (right now, the hunting license and fishing license are both in the $20-25 range). There isn't much offered besides that. I believe, but could be wrong, that all veterans can get free passes to any state park facility or boat launch that charges fees, and the state does offer two "Free Fishing Weekends" every year, no licenses required for anybody on both Saturday and Sunday. One of them, though, is in mid-November, hardly the time when most people can or will take advantage.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Hotel guest.
                                by 99explorer
                                A woman is sitting in her hotel room when there is a knock on the door.
                                She opens the door to find a man that she has never seen before.
                                The...
                                Today, 08:41 PM
                              • Plane crash.
                                by 99explorer
                                A passenger plane crashes on the exact border between the U.S. and Canada.
                                Where do they bury the survivors?
                                Today, 03:16 PM
                              • Animals on the ark.
                                by 99explorer
                                How many animals of each species did Moses take on the ark with him?
                                Today, 02:08 PM
                              • The college student puzzle..
                                by 99explorer
                                A student rides his scooter to the train station to go to college. His home in between two train stations.
                                The first station is a mile from home,...
                                Yesterday, 01:58 PM
                              • Pieces of gold.
                                by 99explorer
                                Which is worth more, a pound of $10 gold pieces, or half a pound of $20 gold pieces?
                                08-23-2019, 06:45 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X