Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anybody ever had your computer and iPad start running slow?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Has anybody ever had your computer and iPad start running slow?

    I called Apple tech support three times and each time a different lady picked up the phone. The third one finally found the problem. It has nothing to do with apple but it's a problem with our cable company.
    Their expert is coming tomorrow morning.
    Now, I understand what Ontario Honker was talking about with the site freezing up and just stopping still.
    What causes a computer and iPad to run slow??? It never happen to me before.
    BTW, I posting these two threads with my iphone. Go figure that one out???

  • #2
    I had the problems with the site freezing completely on my iPhone, here and on F&S. I had a few other internet tabs open so I closed all of them and it got a little faster, but it's still a little slow for me. If it starts running slow usually I restart it or delete some things and it speeds up a little bit. I'm not technically inclined though.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Outlaw View Post
      I had the problems with the site freezing completely on my iPhone, here and on F&S. I had a few other internet tabs open so I closed all of them and it got a little faster, but it's still a little slow for me. If it starts running slow usually I restart it or delete some things and it speeds up a little bit. I'm not technically inclined though.
      I cleared my computer history more then once, but it still slow with low megabytes. I did the speed test three time. Slow as molasses.

      Comment


      • #4
        Sorry, double post.

        Comment


        • #5
          My i-Pad was not slow, it was totally dead, frozen like a fish in ice ! We will see how long this improvement lasts !

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by bowhunter75richard View Post
            Sorry, double post.
            Rich, that amazing because both our iPads went haywire since Bonnier Corporation started this change. I hate Change ever since President Obummer used that Vote for Chamge on his campaign run fooling the masses of asses.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by bowhunter75richard View Post
              Sorry, double post.
              I hear you Gary, I have been out of business at this end for 4-5 days, it must be obumgoofies fault, everything else is !

              Comment


              • #8
                I work on my phone. I've not had any problems.
                Where I live, I can't get internet except on my cell phone.
                I can get a "land line" phone but the company doesn't even offer "dial up".
                We CAN get satellite internet, but every time the wind changes or a cotton ball cloud blows by, we lose reception. So what's the use?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
                  I work on my phone. I've not had any problems.
                  Where I live, I can't get internet except on my cell phone.
                  I can get a "land line" phone but the company doesn't even offer "dial up".
                  We CAN get satellite internet, but every time the wind changes or a cotton ball cloud blows by, we lose reception. So what's the use?
                  Plus One Bubba, I remember you stated over at F&S you were limited on TV channels.
                  Bubba, Do you still have a crank phone like they had in their kitchen in the TV show Lassie?
                  "Gladys get me the Sheriff's Department"!!! :-))

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
                    I work on my phone. I've not had any problems.
                    Where I live, I can't get internet except on my cell phone.
                    I can get a "land line" phone but the company doesn't even offer "dial up".
                    We CAN get satellite internet, but every time the wind changes or a cotton ball cloud blows by, we lose reception. So what's the use?
                    I wish.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      If it runs slow because of cookies, run CC Cleaner. It's a free download. I run it every day.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
                        If it runs slow because of cookies, run CC Cleaner. It's a free download. I run it every day.
                        Nope, the cable line coming into our house needed to be replaced and updated.
                        It Runs super fast now.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Don't buy into the cult of Mac

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            From time to time, hard drives fail. I lost the data from my last one a few times ago, so now I'm using SSDs instead of HDDs. If you have an HDD and it fails, you need to recover your data. The best solution is to use a professional service like salvagedata.com. To save money and make things easier, you can try to do it by yourself. But there are some risks involved in this approach: the damaged disk may become even more damaged, or you may jeopardize the chances of data recovery by a professional team.
                            Last edited by JArnett; 04-26-2022, 06:03 AM.

                            Comment

                            Welcome!

                            Collapse

                            Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

                            If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

                            And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

                            Right Rail 1 Ad

                            Collapse

                            Top Active Users

                            Collapse

                            There are no top active users.

                            Right Rail 2 Ad

                            Collapse

                            Latest Topics

                            Collapse

                            Right Rail 3 Ad

                            Collapse

                            Footer Ad Widget

                            Collapse
                            Working...
                            X