X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jcarlin
    replied
    Originally posted by jcarlin View Post
    Ugh. Is her husband still around to be aware of what's going on?

Reminds me of the old line I think I've read here.
    "My biggest fear is that when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost."
    Notice my edit. Lose the S is pest and the second sentence took a dark turn.

Leave a comment:

• jcarlin
    replied
    Not meant as a criticism HFT.
    That's fair.

Leave a comment:

• huntfishtrap
    replied
    I know. I should've explained more thoroughly in the beginning, but I try to minimize how much I say on the 'net about other folk's lives.

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied
    Originally posted by Treestand View Post
    We do yard & garage sales two days a week in between Gun Shows, I buy loads of Belt knifes, 22Cal Revolvers, a Savage 99E/358Mag$100.00, Marlin 35Rem, WW I Helmet, Photo Album full of WW II US & German pixs, WW II War Medals,1897 German Mauser 7mm/WW I.
    If you aren't circling like a buzzard and the butt crack of dawn, you're late.
    Best to set up a gang and swarm 'em!

Leave a comment:

• huntfishtrap
    replied
    Originally posted by Gary Devine View Post
    To be honest with you, I never stop at garage sales.
    My wife paid $25 for a small table at a church garage sale.
    I dropped off some of her Mother's things, she wanted to sell.
    A customer of mine had a table next to my wife.
    He said "your wife sold many things but she sold them real cheap."
    She made $27 for a profit of $2 for the day. :-)
    I'm not a garage saler, either. I made an exception this time because it's my friend, and because I had plenty of time to look stuff over and pick out the good buys.

Leave a comment:

• huntfishtrap
    replied

"My biggest fear is that when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost."
    I clarified that. See edit above.

Leave a comment:

• huntfishtrap
    replied
    Originally posted by dewman View Post
    $10. My wife found this in with some purses. Lady selling said someone had bought all the tools she had but had not seen this as it was misplaced. I don't yardsale, wife doesn't really either.
    Nice. Great find, there.

Leave a comment:

• jcarlin
    replied

That's awesome. My FIL is big into.. let's say peSt eradication. He had a couple of interesting mounts that he'd collected over the years (including a gator head he bought at a flea market). His most interesting was an albino raccoon. He recently decided to offer them all to us, and my wife was dead set against. (this would likely go differently if it was my father).
    The point of this, he offered them to a nearby nature center who was happy to have them, particularly the raccoon, and he is very happy that they'll be out there on little school tours and such.

Leave a comment:

• dewman
    replied
    Originally posted by Treestand View Post
    We do yard & garage sales two days a week in between Gun Shows, I buy loads of Belt knifes, 22Cal Revolvers, a Savage 99E/358Mag$100.00, Marlin 35Rem, WW I Helmet, Photo Album full of WW II US & German pixs, WW II War Medals,1897 German Mauser 7mm/WW I.
    I was told around here the flea market guys hit all the yard sales at daybreak and take stuff like you find back to resell. I've never seen any gun at a yardsale and the few bows I've seen were junk. You definitely got the best pickens.

Leave a comment:

• Treestand
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Gary Devine
    replied

My biggest fear if I die, is all my trophy hunting and fishing mounts may go in the trash. I have to put them in my will. My non hunting nephew wants one of my deer heads. I will give him my big Saskatchewan ten point buck.
    He will sh:+. :-)

Leave a comment:

• jcarlin
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MattM37
    replied
    I once got a Leatherman Micra and a Case yellow-handled, three-bladed folder, both new in the box, for $1.00 apiece.

Leave a comment:

• Gary Devine
    replied
    To be honest with you, I never stop at garage sales.
    My wife paid $25 for a small table at a church garage sale.
    I dropped off some of her Mother's things, she wanted to sell.
    A customer of mine had a table next to my wife.
    He said "your wife sold many things but she sold them real cheap."
    She made $27 for a profit of $2 for the day. :-)

Leave a comment:

• jcarlin
    replied

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget