• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jcarlin View Post
    Not meant as a criticism HFT.
    That's fair.

Comment

Ugh. Is her husband still around to be aware of what's going on?

Reminds me of the old line I think I've read here.
      "My biggest fear is that when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost."
      Notice my edit. Lose the S is pest and the second sentence took a dark turn.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Devine View Post
        To be honest with you, I never stop at garage sales.
        My wife paid $25 for a small table at a church garage sale.
        I dropped off some of her Mother's things, she wanted to sell.
        A customer of mine had a table next to my wife.
        He said "your wife sold many things but she sold them real cheap."
        She made $27 for a profit of $2 for the day. :-)
        HFT, you and Dewman kicked butt with super great deals.
        I was working at a customer's house and their black top driveway was loaded with yard sale things.
        When I walked back to my work truck I pass by plenty of children games, dolls, toys, furniture and other crazy stuff.
        Not one item drew any interest.
        My luck I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by dewman View Post
          $10. My wife found this in with some purses. Lady selling said someone had bought all the tools she had but had not seen this as it was misplaced. I don't yardsale, wife doesn't really either.
          It looks brand New.
          My wife bought me the DeWalt double drill set for Christmas two years ago. Two batteries and the charger included.
          Nice catch there brother Dewman. +#3

Comment

Originally posted by Treestand View Post
            We do yard & garage sales two days a week in between Gun Shows, I buy loads of Belt knifes, 22Cal Revolvers, a Savage 99E/358Mag$100.00, Marlin 35Rem, WW I Helmet, Photo Album full of WW II US & German pixs, WW II War Medals,1897 German Mauser 7mm/WW I.
            It sounds like, the old saying "the early bird gets the worm" or the best yard sale deal before the stampede. :-))

Comment

We do yard & garage sales two days a week in between Gun Shows, I buy loads of Belt knifes, 22Cal Revolvers, a Savage 99E/358Mag$100.00, Marlin 35Rem, WW I Helmet, Photo Album full of WW II US & German pixs, WW II War Medals,1897 German Mauser 7mm/WW I.
              What i listed took over a year of driving all around the state, read the obits in the paper. their kids just run estate sales. On Wed-day the paper lists all the local yard sales for the weekend. My G-friend sell found treasure's and vintage lingerie on Ebay.

Comment

Picked up a Browning bow package with a release, 11 Beman arrows, Tru-Glo pendulum site, Limbsaver stabilizer, WiskerBiscut rest, 2-piece quiver plus 2 beater bows, an energizer headlamp and a decent block target all for $40. Was a lady's bow. Swapped out the sight on to my bow, have the boy using the arrows, and set it up for my wife to use. Also picked up a half dozen GoldTips for $8 at a flea market for her. I don't recommend buying archery gear that way unless you know what your getting, but these deals worked out great.

Comment

Originally posted by dewman View Post
                  $10. My wife found this in with some purses. Lady selling said someone had bought all the tools she had but had not seen this as it was misplaced. I don't yardsale, wife doesn't really either.
                  Let me clarify. I wasn't there. My wife found it looking at purses, like she needs another one, liked it cause it was yellow and the woman selling it had to talk her into buying it !

Comment

Agreed HFT. He would've liked that his stuff went to someone who cared about it. We love going to garage sales and estate sales. My gf even has an app on her phone that you can pin garage sales to find the best route and directions to get to them all. As others have stated...lots of tools, knives, etc. I've always found it worth stopping if have cash in your pocket.

Comment

I bought a parka for $10 that turned out to be a collector item and sold it for $3,000.

Comment

My Aunt and Mom went yard sale shopping several years ago. I got a call from My Mom she had found a .22 rifle for $16. I told her it was hotter than the temp on that day. Be careful stolen goods around here are at such sales.

Comment

I have never been that lucky, guess I need to start checking out more garage and estate sales.

Comment

Ugh. Is her husband still around to be aware of what's going on?

Reminds me of the old line I think I've read here.
                            "My biggest fear is that when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost."
                            Ah, caught the meaning the second time around.

Comment

Wow Jimbo! How in the world can a parka be worth that???

Comment

Originally posted by rockhound View Post
                                My Aunt and Mom went yard sale shopping several years ago. I got a call from My Mom she had found a .22 rifle for $16. I told her it was hotter than the temp on that day. Be careful stolen goods around here are at such sales.
                                Now, it might not have been stolen. I would have purchased it and have the local PD run the serial number.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget