Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do Y'all Use Game Ear For Big Game Deer Hunting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do Y'all Use Game Ear For Big Game Deer Hunting?

I Use Walkers Game Ear, That make Squirrels Sound Like Elephants in The Woods, What Brand Do You Have If Any?

I sometimes use 3M's Peltor Tactical Ear Muffs.

Comment

I have never tried one. I should because one ear is only labout 50%. When the hearing is comprimised the eyes become more acute.

Comment

Working a 2nd job at night back in the early eighties, three days a week in a night club, with the loud Disc Jockey blasting the sound system wreck my hearing. I put up with that loud banging music crap for three Years.
        Good things about hearing aids in both ears is;
        1. You can turn them off at the gun range. Instant ear plugs.
        2. You can turn them up and hear turkeys gobbling three farms away or a broken twig made by an incoming black bear.
        3. You can shut them off when the wife is yelling out you.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
          I have never tried one. I should because one ear is only labout 50%. When the hearing is comprimised the eyes become more acute.
          Older Boys like You & I some time We need all the Help we can get, Last late season I had a nice buck sneak up behind my T-stand If it not for my ears on He would have walked off.

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post
            Eyes & Ears are hard to replace, Good for You PH.

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post
              For sure! Those earmuffs are definitely required for hunting with a handgun and some rifles. I've also convinced PigHuntress to wear safety glasses when hunting, especially when travelling through the woods in the dark. An added benefit is in protecting her brow against scope cuts.

Comment

I'd consider my hearing to be as good as it has ever been, but I'm 24. I'm sure I'll be using them in the near future. Lots of concerts, loud sports games, shooting, etc are bound to catch up with me eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Devine View Post
                  Working a 2nd job at night back in the early eighties, three days a week in a night club, with the loud Disc Jockey blasting the sound system wreck my hearing. I put up with that loud banging music crap for three Years.
                  2. You can turn them up and hear turkeys gobbling three farms away or a broken twig made by an incoming black bear.
                  Yep...some night clubs make your head hurt the music is so loud. Always hated loud music in small enclosed buildings. Lose your hearing AND voice at the same time since you have to yell-talk to carry a conversation.

Comment

JM, yes it sounds like you been there also. :-) I should of worn ear plugs back then.
                    Every time a young kid drives up to an intersection and their car radio is blasting, I would love to hold up a sign stating hearing aids are two thousand dollars apiece.

Comment

Originally posted by JM1993 View Post
                      I'd consider my hearing to be as good as it has ever been, but I'm 24. I'm sure I'll be using them in the near future. Lots of concerts, loud sports games, shooting, etc are bound to catch up with me eventually.
                      JM, Take care of your ears. I wish I did when I was young and knew the damage loud music was causing me, at rock concerts, parties, car radios and night clubs.

Comment

I certainly second that information Gary ! My ears were pretty much ruined in the military and until it happens, no one will understand the problems hearing loss can cause. That being not only to the individual it happens to, but also to those around you and mostly to your loved ones. Having a wife or friends needing to repeat things over and over can make life damn miserable for them and can cause matital problems as a result. So don't just think of it as your problem alone, more thought must be given to others who have to also live with you and your hearing loss. I hear cars going by the house with drum noise (not music by any means) that I can hear for over 1/4 mile distance, that is only done by idiots. By all means protect your hearing, I can speak first hand about everything I have said, and I damn well wish I couldn't !!! And, if you think hearing aids will take care of the problem and all will be like new again, you are in for a rude awakening. Wear hearing protection by all means !

Comment

I know what you mean Richard. We have a long driveway, about 1/2 mile straight distance to road, and occasionally I still hear the bass/music people are playing over the sound of the engine+tires.

Comment

Yep, but I've never really enjoyed clubs. It might sound paranoid(I am not a paranoid person in any way), but I always feel on edge when I'm in a place like a club. When you get that many strangers together too many things can and do happen.

Comment

In my day Clubs did not play so loud it was more Grind music, dim-lights smoke filled rooms and drinks that were drinks! When your out with a new date they say "Candy is dandy BUT Liquor is quicker"

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Mansion on fire.
                                by 99explorer
                                One of Jeffrey Epstein's mansions is on fire.
                                It has three main rooms. One is full of money in cash, another contains valuable paintings, and the...
                                Today, 10:04 AM
                              • Firing squad.
                                by 99explorer
                                A man is shot by 12 members of a firing squad, and the squad officer administers the coup de grace with a bullet to the head.
                                This final shot does...
                                Yesterday, 09:07 PM
                              • Lost in the woods.
                                by 99explorer
                                You are lost in the woods and come to a fork in the road.
                                One path leads to civilization and the other will get you lost forever.
                                Two Indians...
                                Yesterday, 01:24 PM
                              • Books on a shelf.
                                by 99explorer
                                There are several books on a bookshelf.
                                If one book is fourth from the left and sixth from the right, how many books are on the shelf?
                                08-21-2019, 02:19 PM
                              • Mental arithmetic.
                                by 99explorer
                                A bat and a ball cost $1.10.
                                The bat costs one dollar more than the ball.
                                How much does the ball cost?
                                08-21-2019, 11:57 AM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X