Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thought some of you guys might be interested in seeing a couple photos of those knives that I mentioned I was working on a while back. See below.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thought some of you guys might be interested in seeing a couple photos of those knives that I mentioned I was working on a while back. See below.

Thought some of you guys might be interested in seeing a couple photos of those knives that I mentioned I was working on a while back. See below.

Photo 1 is a knife I made for a Father's Day gift for my dad. I put more time and expense into the project than I was originally planning, but I think it turned out pretty nice. Jantz damascus blade, with nickel silver bolsters and Desert Ironwood handle scales.

Photo 2 is the same knife, in the red cedar box I made for it.

Photo 3 is one I made for myself. Didn't really need another hunting knife, but you can never have too many good blades. Jantz S30V blade, with stainless bolsters and Ziricote wood scales.
    Attached Files

Comment

Beautiful stuff.

Comment

Very nice. How'd you learn to make knives, by the way?

Comment

Originally posted by Okwaho View Post
          Very nice. How'd you learn to make knives, by the way?
          Pretty much self-taught. The internet is a wonderful place to learn things, as long as you know enough to filter out the bull. Read a lot of tutorials and watched a lot of videos, and the rest was trial-and-error. A lot of error. I have always been good at making stuff, so some aspects of it come naturally. I'm still really just an amateur at this though, although I like to think I'm getting better.

Comment

Originally posted by jcarlin View Post
            Beautiful stuff.
            Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by huntfishtrap View Post
              Photo 1 is a knife I made for a Father's Day gift for my dad. I put more time and expense into the project than I was originally planning, but I think it turned out pretty nice. Jantz damascus blade, with nickel silver bolsters and Desert Ironwood handle scales.

Photo 3 is one I made for myself. Didn't really need another hunting knife, but you can never have too many good blades. Jantz S30V blade, with stainless bolsters and Ziricote wood scales.
              Good job,Have a few friends that make knives,yours look good.and strong

Comment

Sharp knife. Nice.

Comment

That is some very nice work, hft ! Beautiful stuff, I would be proud to say I owned one.

Comment

Very nice. I like the design.

Comment

Nice work! Too pretty to use.

Comment

Interesting choice of handle scales and blade steel!

Comment

Here's one of mine. I took and Old Hickory butcher knife, reshaped the 1095 steel blade, and replaced the old handle with oak. Work in progress...
                          Attached Files

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Sisters.
                            by 99explorer
                            Two girls were born to the same mother, on the same day, within minutes of each other, in the same month and year, and yet they are not twins.
                            How...
                            Today, 09:32 AM
                          • Rice for sale.
                            by 99explorer
                            A man can buy rice for $1 per pound in the U.S.A.
                            He buys tons of the stuff, and sells it all in India for a nickel a pound.
                            He soon becomes...
                            08-18-2019, 06:43 PM
                          • Strangers meet.
                            by 99explorer
                            A man is able to contact his long lost brother who he has never met.
                            They agree to meet in a crowded public place.
                            No identification markers...
                            08-16-2019, 11:03 PM
                          • OU football
                            by FirstBubba
                            Big G, thought you might like to know, I'm going to watch some OU football this fall.
                            The orthopaedic surgeon who rebuilt my hip is retired and...
                            08-16-2019, 10:35 PM
                          • True romance.
                            by 99explorer
                            A doctor and a bus driver are both in love with the same woman, a beautiful girl named Sarah.
                            The bus driver has to go on a long bus trip that will...
                            08-16-2019, 09:11 AM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X