Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi, I was given, best I can tell, an old Bear Whitetail 2, I took it into an archery shop to get it a tune up and find out if it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi, I was given, best I can tell, an old Bear Whitetail 2, I took it into an archery shop to get it a tune up and find out if it

Hi, I was given, best I can tell, an old Bear Whitetail 2, I took it into an archery shop to get it a tune up and find out if it was even safe to shoot, they said it needes a new cable, but that they could not order them anymore, to look on the web, maybe... so I looked, but I do not know what I need, the cable/string sets I found ask for length, do I mesure from outer string guide center to opposite, while there is a string on it? any advice would be appreciated, maybe some good shop I can find online or call, anything near WV paqnhandle? thank you Peter

Try this guy on E-Bay.

www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Bowstring-for-Any-Fred-Bear-Bow-Color-Choice-1998-2005-Strings-BCY-8190-/111108266048?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item1 9de919840

Comment

As far as I know, the bowstring and cable length always means the actual length of the string or cable, not the distance from wheel to wheel. I would try calling Bear, and see if someone there could tell you the string and cable length for that model. I would think someone would know, even though it's discontinued. If that fails, you'll have to take the string and cables off with a bow-press, and measure it yourself.
      As far as good bowstring manufacturers are concerned, I've had good luck with Extreme Bowstrings - just look them up on the internet.

Comment

I would go to a different archery shop. That seems like poor service to me.

Comment

the cables should be made of cable. and never can be replaced but the string strung between the two cams from the cable can be made by any string shop. honestly id just hang it up thats 25 + year old fiberglass limbs the stress of shooting might be a little much not to mention there are faster re-curves on the market now lol

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget