Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what is the best flashlight for spotting animals from very long distances easily(100 yards-300 yards or maybe more)? I want some

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is the best flashlight for spotting animals from very long distances easily(100 yards-300 yards or maybe more)? I want some

what is the best flashlight for spotting animals from very long distances easily(100 yards-300 yards or maybe more)? I want something with a great focus and something that shines bright at very far distances also.

May I ask about your intentions before I answer? In many states it is illegal to spotlight even if you don't have a weapon with you, so check your local laws.

Comment

With all due respect, I don't think there's any legitimate use for a spotlight that can illuminate animals 300 yards away at night. If you truly just want to observe them, either do it in daylight or get a trail camera.

Comment

I use a 4 cell Mag light that does a great job of lighting up a blood trail or a path within several yards of my feet. I have never had the need to light up animals at great distances and frankly, I don’t see a justifiable reason why anyone else would either.

Comment

Illegal in Ohio.

Comment

Hi...

Mostly what they said. Otherwise, there are some re-chargeable multi-million candlepower lights available on the net.

Sometimes The Sportsman's Guide (for example) has them.

Comment

In New Jersey it is legal to spotlight deer at night up until midnight. If you’re stopped by law enforcement and you have a firearm, a crossbow or a regular bow inside your vehicle you will be arrested and go right to jail. You will stay there until somebody bails you out.

I used to stop deer when I was a lot younger just to see what size bucks were eating out in the fields. Since the invention of trail cameras you no longer need to spot deer at night. The trail cam will give you close up photos of the big bucks, bears and turkeys that are in your area.

Comment

This might an old thread, but to help others and If you want to know more about them or if you need more recommendations, try checking at link added. Hope it helps

Comment

I haven't found a reliable flashlight that can reach out very far yet. I need a long range flashlight for checking cows in the winter. We calve out in the field and it is nice to be able to make sure they don't have any problems without having to disturb them by getting too close. A 300 yard flashlight would be a great help for us.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Remington news
                    by fitch270
                    Just caught this on another forum, wanted to pass it along and get thoughts from anyone interested. Hopefully something good will come out of it.
                    Yesterday, 05:55 PM
                  • Grips and stocks
                    by dewman
                    so I was shooting the 357 I received from my father yesterday afternoon. The magnas that came on it gave me a good grip but were small enough to make...
                    Yesterday, 08:55 AM
                  • Youth pheasant hike
                    by fitch270
                    Just the girl and the younger dog today. Ok, so we went hunting but she didn't pop a primer.

Started out with a guilt trip, I let the dogs...
                    09-26-2020, 08:41 PM
                  • Son of a Fitch; goin' mobile
                    by fitch270
                    Kid got his drivers license today, only points off were for not actually turning to look behind him when he pulled out from parallel parking. I told him...
                    09-25-2020, 08:27 PM
                  • Unusual Sound
                    by jhjimbo
                    At camp in S. Ohio I was almost asleep and I heard the strangest howl-screech, bark that I have ever heard. Raised the hair on my neck. About 30min later...
                    09-25-2020, 02:17 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X