Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have any recommendations for some good quality but reasonably-priced hunting/hiking boots? My old pair of Red Wings are f

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have any recommendations for some good quality but reasonably-priced hunting/hiking boots? My old pair of Red Wings are f

Anyone have any recommendations for some good quality but reasonably-priced hunting/hiking boots? My old pair of Red Wings are finally wearing out, and I'm looking for their replacement. My two main requirements are, 1), they have to be insulated heavily enough to take moderately cold temps (~20-30 degrees), and they have to be waterproof. I don't want rubber or neoprene boots because I don't like how heavy those materials are, and because they don't last very long under heavy use. I would prefer to spend $150 or less.

Irish setters usually has good hunting boots. Did you mean 20 to 30 degrees Fahrenheit? or negative 20 to 30 degrees? There are boots that have 2,000 grams of insulate that are perfect for cold weather. Insulated hunting boots are nice because they don't rip like rubber boots will. For me, 200 grams isn't enough for November and December hunts, but for early fall they work.

Comment

Hi...

I'm a local "bigfoot" (size 16), and can't get shoes just anywhere. This past winter I got a pair of leather boots (uninsulated, this time) from King Size. They carry a good stock of boots in large AND small sizes...insulated and uninsulated. Mine cost me $95.00.

www.kingsizedirect.com. (800) 846-1600

Comment

@MNwhitetailHunter, I meant +20 or 30 degrees Fahrenheit, sorry I wasn't more specific. I have a pair of 1000-gram leather boots for late season hunting, but they're too warm and heavy for warmer-weather outings.
        @Bob Hansen, I have big feet too (15EE), so I know what you mean when it comes to looking for footwear. I'm familiar with King Size for clothes, but not boots. I'll have to check them out.

Comment

I have had great experience with Irish Setter boots. They come in many different configurations and insulation weights. I couldn't see buying any other brand.

Comment

Cabela's Iron Ridge boots are fantastic boots for that temperature. They are light, easy on the ankle, and very water resistant. I have had the pair I have for 3 years, put them through the ringer, and it still looks like the tread hasn't been touched. They usually are $90 but a sale but bring them lower. They are offered in all leather. No break in time. If that doesn't sell them to ya.. I don't know what will huntfish

Comment

@huntfishtrap: I saw you picked up the Danner Pronghorns on your post for the new boots article. Let us know how you like them!

Comment

Originally posted by Pathfinder1 View Post

Hi...

I'm a local "bigfoot" (size 16), and can't get shoes just anywhere. This past winter I got a pair of leather boots (uninsulated, this time) from King Size. They carry a good stock of boots in large AND small sizes...insulated and uninsulated. Mine cost me $95.00.

Timberland White Ledge Men’s Waterproof Boot in amazon will best feet for your demand. More Details read this review.
                http://www.shoezipper.com/be-a-best-hunter-with-some-best-hunting-boots/

Comment

Originally posted by Pathfinder1 View Post

Hi...

Size 16 foot??? Dang, I bet you take a lot of groceries

Comment

Originally posted by huntfishtrap View Post
                    @MNwhitetailHunter, I meant +20 or 30 degrees Fahrenheit, sorry I wasn't more specific. I have a pair of 1000-gram leather boots for late season hunting, but they're too warm and heavy for warmer-weather outings.
                    @Bob Hansen, I have big feet too (15EE), so I know what you mean when it comes to looking for footwear. I'm familiar with King Size for clothes, but not boots. I'll have to check them out.
                    Dang too for your big feet HFT!

Comment

Originally posted by officerdom1987 View Post
                      @huntfishtrap: I saw you picked up the Danner Pronghorns on your post for the new boots article. Let us know how you like them!
                      Danner Boots are my favorites - work boots and hunting boots.

Comment

I've had great experience with Danner boots. The 400G insulated boots are great for the temperatures you listed.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Remington news
                          by fitch270
                          Just caught this on another forum, wanted to pass it along and get thoughts from anyone interested. Hopefully something good will come out of it.
                          09-27-2020, 05:55 PM
                        • Grips and stocks
                          by dewman
                          so I was shooting the 357 I received from my father yesterday afternoon. The magnas that came on it gave me a good grip but were small enough to make...
                          09-27-2020, 08:55 AM
                        • Youth pheasant hike
                          by fitch270
                          Just the girl and the younger dog today. Ok, so we went hunting but she didn't pop a primer.

Started out with a guilt trip, I let the dogs...
                          09-26-2020, 08:41 PM
                        • Son of a Fitch; goin' mobile
                          by fitch270
                          Kid got his drivers license today, only points off were for not actually turning to look behind him when he pulled out from parallel parking. I told him...
                          09-25-2020, 08:27 PM
                        • Unusual Sound
                          by jhjimbo
                          At camp in S. Ohio I was almost asleep and I heard the strangest howl-screech, bark that I have ever heard. Raised the hair on my neck. About 30min later...
                          09-25-2020, 02:17 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X