Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

which are better, infrared or flash trail cams?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which are better, infrared or flash trail cams?

which are better, infrared or flash trail cams?

Just so you know - Flash you are referring to is called an Incandescent flash. Infrared is also a flash(Infrared flash).
    As far as which one is better it comes down to personal preference.
    -Incandescent flash allows for full color pictures even at night, but the flash is visible by animals(and any tresspasser that may walk by). It uses battery up much quicker, but the quality of the pictures is generally much better.
    -Infrared does not have a visible flash, so it does not deter any animal or poacher to the location of the camera, but the picture is not in color at night. Long battery life, but the poctures are often blurry.

Comment

I have personaly used both types of trail cameras, and can promise you that infared is better, hands down. Sure, flash works great, but I've gotten pictures of deer with flash cameras then they never walk past my camera again. On the other hand, I have MANY pictures of mature bucks looking straight at my infared cameras, and they just go about there business. Go with the infared, and a little tip, you get what you pay for. The new Bushnell cameras are my personal favorites for the price, but if you can afford it, buy a c]Cuddyback.

Comment

I have two Cuddeback cameras (Infrared) and have been very satisfied. As Hardwoods says right now Bushnell is one of the better buys for the money. I have friends that won't use anything but the Bushnell.Also I have been told that Bushnell has an excellent service dept, if you have questions or problems. Cuddeback service dept could use some improvement, slow to respond and if you send your camera in for repair you don't necessarily get your camera back. They exchange.

Comment

They're not as superior as some "experts" would have you think, but if I had to choose I would probably pick an infrared. The biggest advantage for them in my opinion is their ability to take nighttime videos, which are awesome. Their battery life is usually better too, which is always nice.
          I haven't actually noticed a big difference in spooking game though, I have quite a few photos/videos of deer looking spooked with my IR cams, just as many as with my regular flash cams.
          And if you are on a budget, then an incandescent model might be better, as the low-cost infrared ones can be pretty awful quality.

Comment

IF YOU DECIDE TO BUY A CHEAPER FLASH MODEL,STAY AWAY FROM THE TRUTH CAM 60. MINE LASTED TWO MONTHS ,SPOOKED DEER AND FAILED TO RESPOND WHEN NEEDED.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Home Defense
              by jhjimbo
              If you are using your bird gun for double duty of house defense remember to remove the plug. Might as well have full magazine capacity. Also, I have...
              Today, 02:15 PM
            • Pay it forward
              by fitch270
              I'm not sure how much interest this will generate but I figured I'd give it a shot and see how it goes. As a way of saying thanks for the help and entertainment...
              10-18-2020, 01:34 PM
            • Reloading Gear Order
              by fitch270
              I have a bunch of stuff in a cart at Midway and wanted to check with you guys before I place the order. A few things on the cheap side I want to make...
              10-17-2020, 08:31 AM
            • Ruger Oops! Round 2
              by dewman
              Asked girls if they want it. (Mk4 Hunter) No. We want another rifle so we aren't sharing the one single shot. Some phone calls and a pal & me meet...
              10-16-2020, 03:20 PM
            • Who hunts big game with a handgun?
              by Ernie
              Any handgun hunters here?
              Describe your hunting handguns (With Pics!) whether they be revolvers, semi-autos or single-shot specialty pistols.
              10-16-2020, 02:01 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X