Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just read through the article "New Science of Hunting and Fishing" in Feb. OL magazine.It kinda felt like it should be in an a

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just read through the article "New Science of Hunting and Fishing" in Feb. OL magazine.It kinda felt like it should be in an a

I just read through the article "New Science of Hunting and Fishing" in Feb. OL magazine.It kinda felt like it should be in an armed forces magazine.The ideas were cool,but to me it kinda took something away from hunting.What do y'all think?

I feel the same, What's next! Use a PC to hunt from the dash board of my Truck? use the eye in the sky to track some deer Pick out a Buck hit "Enter" Then go and gut him????

Comment

Interesting piece in OL, mostly predictions; all through history the military has provided us hunters with new stuff. We all just need to keep in mind fair chase, certainly there are some technologies the would violate fair chase rules and we will need to debate those.
      For example I have been reading about the use of night vision for pig and coyote hunting, seems it is legal in most states. Since both of these animals are destructive varmints if their population is not controlled does anyone care hunters are out there in the dark killing em?
      Not too long ago P&Y and B&C considered these unfair chase an 80% let off compound bow and the use of any electronic communication devices while hunting. Now they are in common use and the animals killed are allowed into the book.
      In some areas it seems many "hunters" are moving to more European style shoots rather than hunts. But at least the Europeans understand the difference and refer to them accordingly.
      later,
      charlie

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget