Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is a good scouting camera for a reasonable price? I dont know all that much about scouting cameras, so just a good camera t

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is a good scouting camera for a reasonable price? I dont know all that much about scouting cameras, so just a good camera t

What is a good scouting camera for a reasonable price? I dont know all that much about scouting cameras, so just a good camera that doesnt have a lot of gizmos.

I don't think you can really go wrong with any of the new cameras currently on the market as long as you stick with a name brand. We've got a couple bushnell, a moultrie, stealth and a couple wildgame cams. All of them have worked well for us and get plenty of pictures. The old moultrie cam did have some distorted images but that may have been the tree moving in the wind that we had it up on.

Comment

Not really the question, but just as an opinion I think one good camera is better than two somewhat decent ones. Now, the cheapest cameras on the market will work, but not as well as the more expensive ones(generally speaking of course).

Comment

Don't go to cheap..I went with a cheap $70 camera and it was piss poor. The picture quality just wasn't there and it burnt through batteries quickly. It was only good for telling me if deer were there, not how big or nice they were.

Comment

I have a Moultrie and it works really good, its not a Cuddyback, but it was alot cheaper.

Comment

I use a Wildgame iR5 and have been plenty happy with it. I belive I paid about $110 for it a couple years ago. It has the infared flash which I have found handy and it also has the ability to take short video clips.

Just like any other piece of gadgetry they add bells and whistles every year. Take advantage of last years models if you are looking to save some $$$. I recently saw some 5 megapixel infared cameras on clearance on Midway's website for $50-60.

Comment

Well, you definitely get what you pay for in trail cameras, up to a point, but the lower-end Moultries are probably the best bang for your buck that I've found. I've heard good things about the new Primos cams too, but never tried them. In general, I would shy away from anything that sells for much less than $100, and avoid Cuddebacks at all costs, they are total crap.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Home Defense
                by jhjimbo
                If you are using your bird gun for double duty of house defense remember to remove the plug. Might as well have full magazine capacity. Also, I have...
                Today, 02:15 PM
              • Pay it forward
                by fitch270
                I'm not sure how much interest this will generate but I figured I'd give it a shot and see how it goes. As a way of saying thanks for the help and entertainment...
                10-18-2020, 01:34 PM
              • Reloading Gear Order
                by fitch270
                I have a bunch of stuff in a cart at Midway and wanted to check with you guys before I place the order. A few things on the cheap side I want to make...
                10-17-2020, 08:31 AM
              • Ruger Oops! Round 2
                by dewman
                Asked girls if they want it. (Mk4 Hunter) No. We want another rifle so we aren't sharing the one single shot. Some phone calls and a pal & me meet...
                10-16-2020, 03:20 PM
              • Who hunts big game with a handgun?
                by Ernie
                Any handgun hunters here?
                Describe your hunting handguns (With Pics!) whether they be revolvers, semi-autos or single-shot specialty pistols.
                10-16-2020, 02:01 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X