Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm going to buy my 1st spotting scope and have a budget of $400. It will be used for deer and elk hunting, and I would possibly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm going to buy my 1st spotting scope and have a budget of $400. It will be used for deer and elk hunting, and I would possibly

I'm going to buy my 1st spotting scope and have a budget of $400. It will be used for deer and elk hunting, and I would possibly take it out in the field with me. Should I get a fixed or adjustable magnification? What is the best scope for my budget? Or should I save more for a better scope?

Check out the Redfield spotting scope. When we were testing it out in the shop, we took it outside and were counting sticks on a hillside 800 yards away. Redfield is owned by Leupold and is a very good brand. I would check it out if I were you. Plus it only costs about $230 so you will have money left over to get your window mount and tripod and all that good stuff that is way overpriced because they know you will want one.

Comment

Just a warning though, at 60x magnification, the image does get a little blurry towards low light but if it is sunny you can see pretty good with 60x

Comment

Go for a compact model if you are going to take it into the field, buy the best you can afford it will make a difference in low light conditions and the better ones wont bug out your eyes. check out leupold or nikkon.

Comment

The Redfield is the poor mans Leupold...Buy a Leupold even if you have to save-up, Remember you get what you pay for! Buy it one time it will last you a life time.

Comment

For 400 I'd go with a Leupold. Look at Ebay for prices.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Remington news
              by fitch270
              Just caught this on another forum, wanted to pass it along and get thoughts from anyone interested. Hopefully something good will come out of it.
              Yesterday, 05:55 PM
            • Grips and stocks
              by dewman
              so I was shooting the 357 I received from my father yesterday afternoon. The magnas that came on it gave me a good grip but were small enough to make...
              Yesterday, 08:55 AM
            • Youth pheasant hike
              by fitch270
              Just the girl and the younger dog today. Ok, so we went hunting but she didn't pop a primer.

Started out with a guilt trip, I let the dogs...
              09-26-2020, 08:41 PM
            • Son of a Fitch; goin' mobile
              by fitch270
              Kid got his drivers license today, only points off were for not actually turning to look behind him when he pulled out from parallel parking. I told him...
              09-25-2020, 08:27 PM
            • Unusual Sound
              by jhjimbo
              At camp in S. Ohio I was almost asleep and I heard the strangest howl-screech, bark that I have ever heard. Raised the hair on my neck. About 30min later...
              09-25-2020, 02:17 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X