Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am physically disabled and bought an ATV to keep hunting. However, the manufacture of this ATV didn't take into account the us

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am physically disabled and bought an ATV to keep hunting. However, the manufacture of this ATV didn't take into account the us

I am physically disabled and bought an ATV to keep hunting. However, the manufacture of this ATV didn't take into account the use of hunting due to the noise my machine makes. I would like to make it quieter and would hope someone could make a suggestion so I can use it without scaring all the game away for miles around. I have a budget around about 50 bucks or so.

There are stealth muffler systems available but I don't think $50 will get you there. Perhaps you should trade the ATV for a Bad Boy Buggy. They are electric and very quiet.

Comment

why blame the manufacturer for your buying decision?
      did you take the ATV out for a test drive?
      if you had need/desire was for a quiet vehicle, a test drive should have been an indication that it might not be the best choice for you.

Comment

birddog has a good answer. The stealth system will cost you more ($150?). You would be surprised how quickly game gets used to ATV/snowmobile noise. I have seen bedded deer while driving by on my AYV(<100 yds) and return an hour later to find them still bedded. They haven't associated the noise with death so shutting down your ATV at your stand a half hour or so may keep that association. If you can't do what is suggested, save up for a stealth system. You'll get in and out much quieter.

Comment

Two stroke or four stroke? You can do several things to reduce the noise of a four stroke that will cause only a small reductions in power, but a two stroke is very hard to reduce noise and retain any power.

Comment

Pashooter has the cheapest alternative for you. Deer don't seem to mind atv's or vehicles in general in my area and it sounds like his area also. I knew a guy who would park his atv under his tree stand and he always got a deer. Don't always buy into the hype of hunting shows they push the products they advertise for to make money for their trips.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget