Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IHAVE A REMINGTON 870 EXPRESS MAGNUM 12 GA. I WANT TO SET THIS UP FOR TURKEY. I NEED TO KNOW WHAT CHOKES AND LOADS WORK BEST AND

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buckshott00
    replied
    You should try different loads and chokes on a patterning board to see what you like best, and what patterns best for you. The same load and choke won't work the same for everyone, and you might decide you like pattern density more than say penetration. Everything from there is just broad strokes.

Leave a comment:

• outadebt4good
    replied
    The best choke I believe on the market is the TruGlo SSX (Stut Stopper Xtreme) with a .643 restriction shooting Winchester Supreme HV #6 and the TruGlo Fiber Optics. I shoot a Rem. 870 Super Mag with this set up and at 40 yards I average about 36 pellets in head of H. S. Strut practice targets. Check out allaboutshooting.com a great website soley dedicated to shotguns.

Leave a comment:

• JUMPIN JACK FLASH
    replied
    tyler1991 thanks for the comeback. I will try both remington and winchester. I had tru glow sights in mind already. Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• tyler1991
    replied
    The best choke I ave used so far is the UnderTaker and I have had very good luck.I have used 2 types of ammo remington nitro turkey and winchester makes good turkey loads too, all in 3" or 3 1/2".The sights, I would go with tru glow they make turkey sights to fit on your shot gun.

Leave a comment:

• IHAVE A REMINGTON 870 EXPRESS MAGNUM 12 GA. I WANT TO SET THIS UP FOR TURKEY. I NEED TO KNOW WHAT CHOKES AND LOADS WORK BEST AND

IHAVE A REMINGTON 870 EXPRESS MAGNUM 12 GA. I WANT TO SET THIS UP FOR TURKEY. I NEED TO KNOW WHAT CHOKES AND LOADS WORK BEST AND WHAT SIGHT SET-UP TO USE. THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP.

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget