Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how do you ge the "rubber" smell off of a new pair of rubber boots? I have aired them out for 2 weeks and they still have that s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do you ge the "rubber" smell off of a new pair of rubber boots? I have aired them out for 2 weeks and they still have that s

how do you ge the "rubber" smell off of a new pair of rubber boots? I have aired them out for 2 weeks and they still have that smell to them.

I don't know that there is a way. I've always just done what you're doing and let them air out until I got tired of waitiing, then started wearing them. Since the odor isn't a "human" smell, I don't think it unduly alarms deer.

Comment

You could try baking soda, but probably time is the only thing that will do it.

Comment

I wouldn't worry too much about it--the rubber smell is an excellent cover scent for stinky feet--LOL. Seriously, we carry a lot of subtle odors into the woods with us no matter how careful we are--this one is probably pretty low on the list of things that put most deer on alert.

Comment

You'll never get the rubber smell out of true rubber. You might be able to hide the smell with a scent cover. Some of you will probably laugh, but..... You got access to cow manure? Set your boots in that for a few weeks, not the insides of course, deer won't relate that smell as a danger. We relate that smell as a danger, as in "Hey watch out for that cow manure, don't step in it." -----> ha, ha, ha
          I had gotten a plastic mossy oak breakup raincoat in the mail for free ten years ago. I forgot how or why I acquired it, but that plastic stunk bad, real bad when I took it out of the packaging. Ten years later and it still smells like plastic, not as bad as day one, but still has that plastic smell. I don't know why I ever kept it for. I quess the point of the story is: plastic or rubber stinks no matter what.

Comment

Walk into a mud puddle and rub mud over the boots and allow it to dry, might take a couple of treatments. Step in every cow patty you come across, great cover scent! A light dusting of baking soda inside the boot every now and then helps with foot odor and keeping the inside smelling fresher.

Comment

Thank you all for answering my question, i appreciate it very much! Happy hunting to all!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Home Defense
                by jhjimbo
                If you are using your bird gun for double duty of house defense remember to remove the plug. Might as well have full magazine capacity. Also, I have...
                Today, 02:15 PM
              • Pay it forward
                by fitch270
                I'm not sure how much interest this will generate but I figured I'd give it a shot and see how it goes. As a way of saying thanks for the help and entertainment...
                10-18-2020, 01:34 PM
              • Reloading Gear Order
                by fitch270
                I have a bunch of stuff in a cart at Midway and wanted to check with you guys before I place the order. A few things on the cheap side I want to make...
                10-17-2020, 08:31 AM
              • Ruger Oops! Round 2
                by dewman
                Asked girls if they want it. (Mk4 Hunter) No. We want another rifle so we aren't sharing the one single shot. Some phone calls and a pal & me meet...
                10-16-2020, 03:20 PM
              • Who hunts big game with a handgun?
                by Ernie
                Any handgun hunters here?
                Describe your hunting handguns (With Pics!) whether they be revolvers, semi-autos or single-shot specialty pistols.
                10-16-2020, 02:01 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X