Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i have a suzsuki samuri jeep but i dosnt run its been sitting in a pasture for a while. the bodys fine but the engine is no good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i have a suzsuki samuri jeep but i dosnt run its been sitting in a pasture for a while. the bodys fine but the engine is no good

i have a suzsuki samuri jeep but i dosnt run its been sitting in a pasture for a while. the bodys fine but the engine is no good. any help?

the first thing to think about is how old it is and wether it is worth the tiom & money to fix itnew battery, spark plugs spark plug wires, change the oil, drain gas tank, new filters,

Comment

drain the carburator check all of the wiring the gas line could be stopped up, if your not a good mechanic or just dont have the time a new engine will be the best but it'll be high

Comment

Yea i took it to a mechanic and he said its not worth it. but what kind of engine would i put in it. im thinking of put an old voswagen engine in it and converting it to deisel.

Comment

The best thing about this vehicle was to change the oil, you just tipped it over, which it did easily by taking a corner too fast. Check with Consumer Reports,
          this vehicle was not very safe on the road, let alone taking it anywhere off road.

Comment

yea it has a very narrow wheel base but im not goin to take it around corners or even pick up to much speed i just need a vehicle to get me up a hunting trail.

Comment

I remember Consumer Reports was sued and eventually made some level of concessions for this little vehicle. Meh.

The engine is essentially a motorcycle engine, but depending on the year it might have fuel injection. If it's been sitting for a while, check the brakes, change the fluids, check the hoses and wires, get a new battery, after that see if she starts. If no start you go from there.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Son of a Fitch; goin' mobile
                by fitch270
                Kid got his drivers license today, only points off were for not actually turning to look behind him when he pulled out from parallel parking. I told him...
                Today, 08:27 PM
              • Unusual Sound
                by jhjimbo
                At camp in S. Ohio I was almost asleep and I heard the strangest howl-screech, bark that I have ever heard. Raised the hair on my neck. About 30min later...
                Today, 02:17 PM
              • bedding on new rifle
                by Amflyer
                Finally painted some release and on the action and blocked the undercuts with clay. Was out of the commercial release, a vinyl paint on solution by Brownells,...
                Today, 12:22 AM
              • Pictures blocked when logged out?
                by fitch270
                Can't quite figure this one out since it doesn't happen on F&S, if I'm not logged in posted pictures aren't showing up. Doubt its just me.
                Yesterday, 08:57 PM
              • Son of a Fitch: turkey taxidermy
                by fitch270

The kid put this together with his solo bird from this spring. He split a slice of maple for the mounting board, dried the...
                09-23-2020, 07:43 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X