Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do YOU think deer like...the color Purple?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do YOU think deer like...the color Purple?

Do YOU think deer like...the color Purple?

I can not say whether a deer would appreciate the colour purple but I do know of an interesting connection between the colour and the creature. Legend has it, that the Royal's choice of the colour purple as a Regal symbol is linked to a famous stag who roamed the English forest in the time of Henry of Navarre . History tells us that Henry was a rogue who loved the ladies. On one of his escapades at a monastery he glanced from a window and spotted a huge stag at the edge of the forest. Snatching up the only article of clothing at hand, which happened to be the lady in questions cape, he dashed from the place stark naked but for the cape and his bow and arrow in hand. Henry downed the stag with the long bow, gutted the animal and returned to the monastery with the buck on his shoulder and a Regal Purple cape around his person. Since that day the colour Purple has been linked to the great deer and to the Royals.
    There are tall tales and there are buck tails!

Comment

I doubt the ever read it.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget