Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

does any body know why crossbows have been out lawed in so many states?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does any body know why crossbows have been out lawed in so many states?

does any body know why crossbows have been out lawed in so many states?

If anything, it seems most state agencies have relaxed regulations on crossbows. My state (Missouri)considers them firearms, unless you have some physical limitations that prevent you from using a conventional bow.
    http://www.barnettcrossbows.com/crossbowregulations/index.html

Comment

I think most of the opposition to crossbows came from traditional archers who felt the skill level needed for crossbows was so much lower that it took out much of the challenge of bowhunting. There has been much argument both ways, but a lot of states hav included crossbows in their bow seasons.

Comment

I the state of Florida they have a season for Crossbow and is only allowed during this 5 days. I believe that only if you have a handicapp permit are you allowed to use is during regular bow season.

Comment

The same reason why this potential deadly chemical called Dihydrogen Monoxide is banned by the same people!

Comment

Ok I'm the guy that got it legalized in Louisiana so I'll tell you about crossbows and politics, you will need to go to my website and study Foremosthunting.com is the most crossbow friendly website there is and our company made the website for the American Crossbow Federation. Horizontal Bowhunter Magazine and Crossbow Connection Magazine will tell you everything as well, I write for both of them, otherwise becareful of crossbow haters they are akin to anti hunters....Pass it on

Comment

I would disagree that people against crossbows are uniformly against hunting. I haven't yet determined my position on this issue, but it seems that the biggest issue many people have is that you don't have to physically hold back the string while you aim unlike a traditional bow. Therefore it's more like aiming a gun. Naturally your range isn't increased, and with the bows they have now days at 85% let off I'm not sure there is a big difference. I know I would have a hard time hunting with one even if it was legal here in MN, but if it increases participation then maybe it's a good thing.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Pay it forward
                by fitch270
                I'm not sure how much interest this will generate but I figured I'd give it a shot and see how it goes. As a way of saying thanks for the help and entertainment...
                Yesterday, 01:34 PM
              • Reloading Gear Order
                by fitch270
                I have a bunch of stuff in a cart at Midway and wanted to check with you guys before I place the order. A few things on the cheap side I want to make...
                10-17-2020, 08:31 AM
              • Ruger Oops! Round 2
                by dewman
                Asked girls if they want it. (Mk4 Hunter) No. We want another rifle so we aren't sharing the one single shot. Some phone calls and a pal & me meet...
                10-16-2020, 03:20 PM
              • Who hunts big game with a handgun?
                by Ernie
                Any handgun hunters here?
                Describe your hunting handguns (With Pics!) whether they be revolvers, semi-autos or single-shot specialty pistols.
                10-16-2020, 02:01 PM
              • What are you hunting with this season? Pics please!
                by Ernie
                I am new here, so I’d like to get you to know you better
                hi primarily hunt with a variety of handguns for big game, and I like shooting those...
                10-16-2020, 01:43 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X