Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can i fish with a pellet gun

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by huntfishtrap View Post
    Not anywhere that I'm aware of. A better question would be: Why the heck would you want to fish with a pellet gun?? It would be very ineffective at best. Use a rod and reel, or try bowfishing, when legal.
    That's true. To each their own I guess.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by huntfishtrap View Post
      Not anywhere that I'm aware of. A better question would be: Why the heck would you want to fish with a pellet gun?? It would be very ineffective at best. Use a rod and reel, or try bowfishing, when legal.
      I think it would be difficult to cast !!!!

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by huntfishtrap View Post
        Not anywhere that I'm aware of. A better question would be: Why the heck would you want to fish with a pellet gun?? It would be very ineffective at best. Use a rod and reel, or try bowfishing, when legal.
        hft, the photo isn't me. I found it online under bow fishing photos. I selected it because it showed the bright green string. Sorry, in the future I will state the photo was found online.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by 6phunter View Post
          Doesn't sound very sporting to me,but if you want to have some real fun try using your fishing rod weighted to hit starlings and blackbirds in the yard
          Lol Charlie,sometimes I just can't throwing something out there and see whete it goes

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by charlie elk View Post
            Not sure about the legality anymore. Once upon a time we shot rough fish with pellet guns. Hit them between the eyes from straight above. The fish would be stunned if not dead and easily retrieved in a downstream eddy on a small river or creek.
            Lol Because of the deflection of shooting in water ,aim underneath the fish to hit him,Ive shot hundreds

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by charlie elk View Post
              Not sure about the legality anymore. Once upon a time we shot rough fish with pellet guns. Hit them between the eyes from straight above. The fish would be stunned if not dead and easily retrieved in a downstream eddy on a small river or creek.
              Lol Because of the deflection of shooting in water ,aim underneath the fish to hit him,Ive shot hundreds

              Comment


              • #22
                I think it would be very awkward since there are no guides and no reel seat on a pellet gun. You would just have to tie your line to the barrel right behind the front sight so it wouldn't slip off, and it would be a short, hard to hold pole. I think you'd be better off with a sapling if you don't want to spend the money on a real fishing pole.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by pineywoods View Post
                  I think it would be very awkward since there are no guides and no reel seat on a pellet gun. You would just have to tie your line to the barrel right behind the front sight so it wouldn't slip off, and it would be a short, hard to hold pole. I think you'd be better off with a sapling if you don't want to spend the money on a real fishing pole.
                  That was my thought too Pineywoods, however, I could not put it all together as nicely as you did. I like
                  your way of thinking !!!

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by charlie elk View Post
                    Not sure about the legality anymore. Once upon a time we shot rough fish with pellet guns. Hit them between the eyes from straight above. The fish would be stunned if not dead and easily retrieved in a downstream eddy on a small river or creek.
                    Charlie, I see later you mentioned Carp. What's your definition of 'rough fish'? I've just never heard the term.

                    Comment

                    Welcome!

                    Collapse

                    Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

                    If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

                    And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

                    Right Rail 1 Ad

                    Collapse

                    Top Active Users

                    Collapse

                    There are no top active users.

                    Right Rail 2 Ad

                    Collapse

                    Latest Topics

                    Collapse

                    • The new king.
                      by 99explorer
                      The queen has twins by C-section, so it is impossible to tell who would have been born first and would become the next king.
                      Now the twins are adults...
                      Yesterday, 04:27 PM
                    • Sisters.
                      by 99explorer
                      Two girls were born to the same mother, on the same day, within minutes of each other, in the same month and year, and yet they are not twins.
                      How...
                      Yesterday, 09:32 AM
                    • Rice for sale.
                      by 99explorer
                      A man can buy rice for $1 per pound in the U.S.A.
                      He buys tons of the stuff, and sells it all in India for a nickel a pound.
                      He soon becomes...
                      08-18-2019, 06:43 PM
                    • Strangers meet.
                      by 99explorer
                      A man is able to contact his long lost brother who he has never met.
                      They agree to meet in a crowded public place.
                      No identification markers...
                      08-16-2019, 11:03 PM
                    • OU football
                      by FirstBubba
                      Big G, thought you might like to know, I'm going to watch some OU football this fall.
                      The orthopaedic surgeon who rebuilt my hip is retired and...
                      08-16-2019, 10:35 PM

                    Right Rail 3 Ad

                    Collapse

                    Footer Ad Widget

                    Collapse
                    Working...
                    X