can i fish with a pellet gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by huntfishtrap View Post
    Not anywhere that I'm aware of. A better question would be: Why the heck would you want to fish with a pellet gun?? It would be very ineffective at best. Use a rod and reel, or try bowfishing, when legal.
    That's true. To each their own I guess.

Comment

Not anywhere that I'm aware of. A better question would be: Why the heck would you want to fish with a pellet gun?? It would be very ineffective at best. Use a rod and reel, or try bowfishing, when legal.
      I think it would be difficult to cast !!!!

Comment

hft, the photo isn't me. I found it online under bow fishing photos. I selected it because it showed the bright green string. Sorry, in the future I will state the photo was found online.

Comment

Originally posted by 6phunter View Post
          Doesn't sound very sporting to me,but if you want to have some real fun try using your fishing rod weighted to hit starlings and blackbirds in the yard
          Lol Charlie,sometimes I just can't throwing something out there and see whete it goes

Comment

Originally posted by charlie elk View Post
            Not sure about the legality anymore. Once upon a time we shot rough fish with pellet guns. Hit them between the eyes from straight above. The fish would be stunned if not dead and easily retrieved in a downstream eddy on a small river or creek.
            Lol Because of the deflection of shooting in water ,aim underneath the fish to hit him,Ive shot hundreds

Comment

Not sure about the legality anymore. Once upon a time we shot rough fish with pellet guns. Hit them between the eyes from straight above. The fish would be stunned if not dead and easily retrieved in a downstream eddy on a small river or creek.
              Lol Because of the deflection of shooting in water ,aim underneath the fish to hit him,Ive shot hundreds

Comment

I think it would be very awkward since there are no guides and no reel seat on a pellet gun. You would just have to tie your line to the barrel right behind the front sight so it wouldn't slip off, and it would be a short, hard to hold pole. I think you'd be better off with a sapling if you don't want to spend the money on a real fishing pole.

Comment

Originally posted by pineywoods View Post
                  I think it would be very awkward since there are no guides and no reel seat on a pellet gun. You would just have to tie your line to the barrel right behind the front sight so it wouldn't slip off, and it would be a short, hard to hold pole. I think you'd be better off with a sapling if you don't want to spend the money on a real fishing pole.
                  That was my thought too Pineywoods, however, I could not put it all together as nicely as you did. I like
                  your way of thinking !!!

Comment

Charlie, I see later you mentioned Carp. What's your definition of 'rough fish'? I've just never heard the term.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget