Wouldn’t you know..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wouldn’t you know..

…that after a dry summer it’s been raining all day. We need it and the timing isn’t all bad as yesterday I just over seeded a section of food plot that hadn’t been doing much. Typically Labor Day is stand day for us but not today. I have one hang on stand to place and check on two ladder stands. I’d hoped to get that done early and then shoot a bit but oh well.

There’s also at least one big hemlock down across one of the log roads up top that I need to get out of the way. I did putter in the garage awhile this morning and tried out a couple new Stihl 2n1 chainsaw sharpeners then got the saws ready for later. After 14 years I’d finally mounted a small vise on the garage workbench this summer, being able to have the saws secured combined with the new sharpeners I got a great edge on the saw teeth and the rakers down. Even better was not killing my back from being hunched over. Saws ought to cut better than they have in a long time. I mostly do a lot of hacking back along the roads with my saws and the chains end up in the dirt often. I hate putting new chains on just for that reason. I’m pretty happy with the new set up. Now just need a decent day to try ‘em out.

3AE6F474-0EE4-4796-BC3E-8284040B96E4.webp
    Last edited by fitch270; 09-05-2022, 05:26 PM.

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget