Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When is the snow finished in your area? March, April or May? Is it better to store your snow blower with an empty gas tank?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Treestand View Post
    The last snow fall was after New Years it hit Alabama,Georgia & Florida Panhandle, It was nice to see snow in the Sunshine State if only for a 1/2 day, Kids were doing 360s in parking lots with there ATVs, it bean in the hi 70/80s Spring Breaker's are here Ya know Your little Girls U sent to Collage are partying like it's 1999......Lol
    Gary, I store all my tanks, 2cyl or 4cyl full to the top. Sometimes I add a little Stabil but not that much. I store a lot of gas in military jerry cans and there again right to the top. I have used some gas over 3 years old by storing it this way with no problems. I think the air space on top of gas in a can causes the gas to deteriorate faster. Also, the 15% alcohol is hygroscopic (attracts water) which is what causes your fuel system to rust. I saw some non alcohol gas in WalMart without alcohol but it is $20/gal. I guess for a chain saw or generator it might be worth it. If you google gasoline you can get all the technical poop.

Comment

Originally posted by Treestand View Post
      The last snow fall was after New Years it hit Alabama,Georgia & Florida Panhandle, It was nice to see snow in the Sunshine State if only for a 1/2 day, Kids were doing 360s in parking lots with there ATVs, it bean in the hi 70/80s Spring Breaker's are here Ya know Your little Girls U sent to Collage are partying like it's 1999......Lol
      If it's soooo bad why are people moving here @ 1,000+/- a mount We have the 4th largest Population???? It's the JOBs & Money$$$ & low taxes and no state tax.

Comment

Gary, did you see the video on twitter of the bear cub that walked into a garage in Illinois and walked around the guys? It was crying all the time, wonder where mama was ?

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
          Gary, did you see the video on twitter of the bear cub that walked into a garage in Illinois and walked around the guys? It was crying all the time, wonder where mama was ?
          No! Where is the Beef (video)????

Comment

I hope in April, I will be able to work and clean up in my yard and garden. Drain tanks and run all small engines dry on anything that won't be run for a period of time. Straight gas without ethanol is best for all small engines and will give you better peformance, less repairs, and better starting.

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post
              Yep, and that's exactly why I cancelled my trip to NJ and PA this week!

In Birmingham, the latest calendar date recorded of snow occurred on April 3rd (1987). But the most I've experienced was the 16 inches we got in March 1993.
              http://www.al.com/living/index.ssf/2016/03/alcom_vintage_-_march_1993_bli.html

Tonight's low will be 51 and tomorrow's high will be 76. The Azaleas in my yard are starting to bloom and I've already started mowing the lawn on a weekly basis.

No snow blower, no snow shovel, no snow shoes required, lol! Most of the time I could probably clear snow from my drive by using a broom.
              Thanks! I set my camera on a tripod, put the setting on Macro, and used a 2-second timer with no flash.

Comment

Originally posted by jcarlin View Post
                December to early or mid march is pretty normal here with a lot of weeks where the ground is bare mixed in.
                As far as fuel storage? I dunno. I keep all of my equipment fuel in, though on 4 stroke stuff I add stabil and run the carb dry. My little JD X300 does the bulk of work all year round whether it's lawn, plowing, or moving firewood.
                I dunno. If theres a piece of fear that gets neglected it's the generator. I start it once or twice a year and actually need it a day or two every few years. Keep it full, add a little stabil and run the carb dry. Fuel in the carb goes bad in a season. The stuff in the tank seems to keep for years. The fuel that was in there when I needed it a couple weeks ago was at least. Years old. Started on the first pull.

Comment

Originally posted by jcarlin View Post
                  December to early or mid march is pretty normal here with a lot of weeks where the ground is bare mixed in.
                  As far as fuel storage? I dunno. I keep all of my equipment fuel in, though on 4 stroke stuff I add stabil and run the carb dry. My little JD X300 does the bulk of work all year round whether it's lawn, plowing, or moving firewood.
                  As far as mowers go, my little Deere is a busy critter. I go through that tank ever 2 to 4 weeks depending on time of year. It never has a chance to go bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Pup49 View Post
                    I hope in April, I will be able to work and clean up in my yard and garden. Drain tanks and run all small engines dry on anything that won't be run for a period of time. Straight gas without ethanol is best for all small engines and will give you better peformance, less repairs, and better starting.
                    WalMart has gas without alcohol for $20.00/gal. If you have a marina around a lot of times they have alcohol free as well as most small airports.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
                      It was on twitter. Some dealer garage in Illinois.
                      here it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_psFFfJZW8

Comment

It's not unusual to get some snow in March or April but we've been getting hit pretty good. Never 7 inches in one day and gone the next.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget