Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When is the snow finished in your area? March, April or May? Is it better to store your snow blower with an empty gas tank?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When is the snow finished in your area? March, April or May? Is it better to store your snow blower with an empty gas tank?

It's March 23rd today springtime, and we just got hit with another snow storm. ??
    Attached Files

We've still got a few inches, close to 10 inches or a foot up in the hills. Not uncommon for late March. I have fished quite a few trout-season openers (April 1st) with snow on the ground or flurries in the air. The year I was in the sixth grade, we got a blizzard on March 31st and I fished all the next day with snow up to my waist. After the storm, it came off clear and sunny and I also got one heck of a sunburn on my face. As for the latest, we've had snow on the ground for Mother's Day a time or two, but usually it's gone for good by mid-April.

Comment

Yep, and that's exactly why I cancelled my trip to NJ and PA this week!

In Birmingham, the latest calendar date recorded of snow occurred on April 3rd (1987). But the most I've experienced was the 16 inches we got in March 1993.
      http://www.al.com/living/index.ssf/2016/03/alcom_vintage_-_march_1993_bli.html

Tonight's low will be 51 and tomorrow's high will be 76. The Azaleas in my yard are starting to bloom and I've already started mowing the lawn on a weekly basis.

No snow blower, no snow shovel, no snow shoes required, lol! Most of the time I could probably clear snow from my drive by using a broom.
      Attached Files

Comment

Latest in N Ohio was May 10th in 1987. I left my boat uncovered and that night we got 10" of wet, heavy snow in my boat.

Comment

I mowed yesterday. Not all but most of my yard. Only had snow on the ground once this year. I remember in Colorado having to shovel my car out wearing just a t-shirt and jeans because it was 70 degrees. And we all know about snow skiing girls wearing bikinis and waiting for them to wipe out at the end of ski season. : )
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by dewman View Post
            I mowed yesterday. Not all but most of my yard. Only had snow on the ground once this year. I remember in Colorado having to shovel my car out wearing just a t-shirt and jeans because it was 70 degrees. And we all know about snow skiing girls wearing bikinis and waiting for them to wipe out at the end of ski season. : )
            Nice!

Comment

December to early or mid march is pretty normal here with a lot of weeks where the ground is bare mixed in.
              As far as fuel storage? I dunno. I keep all of my equipment fuel in, though on 4 stroke stuff I add stabil and run the carb dry. My little JD X300 does the bulk of work all year round whether it's lawn, plowing, or moving firewood.

Comment

Latest average date Apr 7. Latest reported was May 24. Ground hog hunting sounds appealing to me right now.

Comment

Originally posted by rockhound View Post
                  Latest average date Apr 7. Latest reported was May 24. Ground hog hunting sounds appealing to me right now.
                  I saw one out in the snow the other day, along the hedgerow behind my backyard. Looked like he was browsing on dried goldenrod stalks.

Comment

The last snow fall was after New Years it hit Alabama,Georgia & Florida Panhandle, It was nice to see snow in the Sunshine State if only for a 1/2 day, Kids were doing 360s in parking lots with there ATVs, it bean in the hi 70/80s Spring Breaker's are here Ya know Your little Girls U sent to Collage are partying like it's 1999......Lol

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post
                      Yep, and that's exactly why I cancelled my trip to NJ and PA this week!

In Birmingham, the latest calendar date recorded of snow occurred on April 3rd (1987). But the most I've experienced was the 16 inches we got in March 1993.
                      http://www.al.com/living/index.ssf/2016/03/alcom_vintage_-_march_1993_bli.html

Tonight's low will be 51 and tomorrow's high will be 76. The Azaleas in my yard are starting to bloom and I've already started mowing the lawn on a weekly basis.

No snow blower, no snow shovel, no snow shoes required, lol! Most of the time I could probably clear snow from my drive by using a broom.
                      PH, ? pretty flower.?

Comment

Originally posted by dewman View Post
                        Looks like a florist shop.???

Comment

Originally posted by jcarlin View Post
                          December to early or mid march is pretty normal here with a lot of weeks where the ground is bare mixed in.
                          As far as fuel storage? I dunno. I keep all of my equipment fuel in, though on 4 stroke stuff I add stabil and run the carb dry. My little JD X300 does the bulk of work all year round whether it's lawn, plowing, or moving firewood.
                          JC, the same with lawn movers are you suppose to run them till they run out of gas. I wonder if it's BS because gasoline in a tank doesn't go bad and starts up no problem months later?

Comment

Originally posted by Treestand View Post
                            The last snow fall was after New Years it hit Alabama,Georgia & Florida Panhandle, It was nice to see snow in the Sunshine State if only for a 1/2 day, Kids were doing 360s in parking lots with there ATVs, it bean in the hi 70/80s Spring Breaker's are here Ya know Your little Girls U sent to Collage are partying like it's 1999......Lol
                            Tree, I remember a user stated his honest opinion after another destructive hurricane and said " Florida is the arm pit of the universe". I still laugh at that quote.
                            ? ROTFLMAO ?2??

Comment

Originally posted by rockhound View Post
                              New Jersey black bear sows come out of hibernation with their little Cubs the first week of April. I got trail cam photos to prove it. ?

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget