Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got all five of my ladder stands up this past week---just in time for Hurricane Nate.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got all five of my ladder stands up this past week---just in time for Hurricane Nate.

Looks like my home will be on the eastern side of the cone, near the Florida-Alabama line, but my hunting property is right smack-dab in the middle of its path as it goes northeast after hitting the Mississippi coast. Last year, I lost a ladder stand when a winter storm broke a huge limb off the tree and dropped it right on the stand. Glad I wasn't in it. I hope none of the box blinds blow over---it really makes the red wasps and wood rats mad when that happens.

I hope you stay safe, and that your stands survive.

Comment

Country I hope you stay safe and your hunting is better then mine after IRMA blow through our deer are still in the deep swamps, if anything it's Jon-boat time, Snakes & Gators! What Fun:-((

The Club has all the stands up, lost (3) out of (5) Box blinds..Spring time work;-))

Comment

Best wishes CR. I hope you won't have significant damage. We're probably going to see high winds here in Birmingham. I spread a couple of bags of Throw and Grow in the side yard to take advantage of the 4 to 6 inches of rain. The deer have been eating at the persimmon tree next to the drive but will need incentive to hang around after the fruit is gone. They've been bedding in the front yard. One week left until archery season...

Comment

Stay safe.

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post
            Best wishes CR. I hope you won't have significant damage. We're probably going to see high winds here in Birmingham. I spread a couple of bags of Throw and Grow in the side yard to take advantage of the 4 to 6 inches of rain. The deer have been eating at the persimmon tree next to the drive but will need incentive to hang around after the fruit is gone. They've been bedding in the front yard. One week left until archery season...
            So far, so good, down here on the coast. We lost power for a short 20 minutes, which wasn't bad except that it was right at the end of the Bama/TAMU football game and I had to listen to it on the bugout radio. There is nothing wrong with football on the radio, but when it's the Crimson Tide, all those nuts that live in my head get excited and start arguing and fighting with each other and may take days for me to calm them down---they all want me to call Coach Saban.

The wind will still be getting stronger later in the night but I have screwed down the heavy metal shutters and dropped and locked the portcullis, so I should be OK until morning. For sure, it's going to muddy up the Gulf for three or four days to where you can't catch much but sailcats, hardhead cats and croakers, but the October should commence as expected as the water clears up. The State Parks workers did a great job of removing the wooden panels from the deck of the Gulf Shores Pier so they won't be washed up and blown away---they say they'll have the pier ready to go again by Monday. Hopefully, this storm will be more of an inconvenience than a real problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Henry View Post
              I hope you stay safe, and that your stands survive.
              Thank you. I'm getting too danged old to be putting up more than a few ladder stands. I have four different meds that say, "May cause dizziness", and they do. Looking up and trying to fasten a bolt can become an adventure. However, one of the few good things that comes from being a recovering alcoholic is that I know how to handle being dizzy.

Comment

Okay---stormy night at Casa Country Road, but no damage. I'll use the riding mower to grind up the leaves and little branches that blew down, then go to the hunting camp and check it out tomorrow. Thanks for the good wishes, everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by country road View Post
                  Okay---stormy night at Casa Country Road, but no damage. I'll use the riding mower to grind up the leaves and little branches that blew down, then go to the hunting camp and check it out tomorrow. Thanks for the good wishes, everyone.
                  I'm glad you didn't have damage. We had a 4 hour power outage at our house and a small tree limb down. Otherwise it was just a soaking rain.

Comment

Brother CR, I am glad you have electric and your still with us online. You're lucky just with leaves and sticks in the yard. It could of been worst. +3

Comment

Originally posted by country road View Post
                      I'm Happy that Your OK & Safe.........Hunt On My Good Man;-))

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget